✅ Cheque Imaging 📱

I seen it mentioned today in the Changelog on the Google Play Store. Hopefully a full roll out coming.

3 Likes

:wave: Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to announce that all Monzo customers can now deposit cheques using the Monzo app! :rocket: Thank you for being patient as we slowly rolled out the feature :pray:. We were able to make a number of improvements to the feature during the slow rollout, including improving our image acceptance rate and updating our guidance to help customers take photos of their cheques :camera_flash:.

As always, our aim is to design features that are intuitive to use. But I wanted to include a “How it works” section here just in case:

1. Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Monzo app.
  2. You can deposit a cheque by tapping “+ Add Money”, then Tap “Other ways to add money”, then follow the instructions under the “Cheques” option.
  3. Take a photo of the front and back of your cheque; make sure you:
  • Place the cheque on a dark background
  • Hold your phone directly above, position the cheque inside the camera frame.
  • All 4 corners of the cheque are visible in the frame and it’s easy to read
  1. Select the account where you want the money to be paid into and the amount of the cheque
  2. Tap “Pay in cheque” to submit your cheque
  3. In the meantime hold onto the physical cheque until the money appears in your account, just in case we run into any issues
  4. Check out your activity feed to find out the latest status of your cheque

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them :smile:

52 Likes

It happened. It’s over. So many emotions :smiling_face_with_tear:

16 Likes

@N26throwaway Send invoice!

8 Likes

Another one done. I’ve added the conclusive White Check Mark to the title :white_check_mark:, but a mod needs to mark it as ‘Done!’

8 Likes

Yay! What’s the next big feature on the list for us to moan about not having? :rofl:

4 Likes

The top 10 In descending number-of-votes order:

Monzo Plus and Premium (2020) for Joint Accounts - 530 votes
Desktop version of the Monzo app (full feature Monzo Web) - 355 votes
Improved payee management - 250 votes (hasn’t this been done?)
iPad app - 212 votes
Offer credit card credit_card - 197 votes (Flex?)
Family accounts / Accounts for children / under-16s - 193 votes
Add photo to payee - 173 votes (hasn’t this been done?)
Edit scheduled pot transfers - 151 votes
Display running balance with each entry - 147 votes
Assign transaction to pot / button to withdraw exact transaction amount from pot - 145 votes

4 Likes

Let’s get kids accounts going now please before my son turns 16 in two years.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I owe you 1p :joy:

4 Likes

They aren’t far off by the sounds of it…

@catherine_berda

Thankyou for coming on here and letting us know.

To have interaction with staff members in this way is something to be cherished.

4 Likes

It went up 1p a year! The rollout delaying into 2024 is going to have a big impact on my budget.

1 Like

How will you cope.

2 Likes

You can do that too :wink: I’ve just done it

2 Likes

I suggested for this to be marked as done (it was improved after the thread was created, and I think further improvement suggestions need more specific idea threads) but the thread just got locked instead of marked as done!

There was discussion about whether Flex was a credit card in the traditional sense (and I think there was a time when Monzo didn’t really refer to it as a credit card). But given they now firmly market it as a credit card, I think it should now be marked as done.

6 Likes

It’s me you owe!

Or actually you might have made that deal with every community member on here! That’s a lot of pennies Carlo! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

All the .me services seem to have a minimum £1 requirement

So I’ll propose some alternatives to settle our bargain. @Revels @Carlo1460:

1. Monzo me 35 x £100 payments (you can decide how to split them between you).
  2. Send me 1p checks for each 1p you owe me.
  3. Make a donation (an amount of your choosing) to either Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, WWF, or BDMLR (or any renowned animal, wildlife, or environmental charity of your choice; I don’t like humans).
  4. Open your Monzo app, head to payments, tap pay someone, tap donate to charity, tap continue, choose RSPCA, and donate an amount of your choice.
  5. Plant 1 tree for each penny you owe*

For the actually serious ones, send proof by way of a screenshot. I’ll match the donations made or trees planted.**

*@AlanDoe @AlanDoe @AlanDoe @AlanDoe! A little off the cuff idea how here, but how about a virtual Monzo community forest we can donate trees to? There’s two tree planting/rewilding projects I’m aware of who offer that (and probably others): Tree-Nation (brands like Wild Wash use them) and Trees For Life (which takes place right here in Scotland). Quickly, before it takes the top spot on @Revel’s bad idea list!

**Only those made by Carlo and Revels.

10 Likes

A bet is a bet. Let’s pretend this launched in 4997 years time.

11 Likes

Snap!

Thanks Revels! :hugs:

8 Likes

I’ll bite! Donated to a charity close to my heart. P.S. I do love animals :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Cuz mental health.

10 Likes