Chase Bank UK chat

Someone somewhere covered this. They make you close all your accounts and keep one open, and then they can Cass away.

Chase: letā€™s do numberless cards!

then we can have all the transfers in but not have any out /s

3 Likes

I expect for this reason they might take an ā€œif you go you must leaveā€ approach.

1 Like

Where was this?

I wanna say Reddit, I will have a look. I think I posted it here some weeks back.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thinking but I see that @Carlo1460 knows otherwise.

1 Like

Thatā€™s another important feature ticked off the list. Overdraft and a credit card and they will be there.

2 Likes

And joint account. R-

3 Likes

Help section needs updating :joy:

1 Like

Would any CASS incentive be only for geniune NEW customers, and not existing customers who CASS in an account from elsewhere, anyway? :thinking:

I suppose thatā€™d be up to them and how they want to run it.

Depending on what their data is telling them, there might be a certain appeal in converting occasional card users (for the 1pc) to properly banked folk, who will give them cross-selling revenue and custodianship income.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve spoken to chase.

Then I double checked they understood my query properly. Then I double checked the answer they gave was correct. Then I triple checked.

If you have multiple Chase current accounts and switch one of them out, so long as you still have at least one current account still with Chase, you will keep your chase account and all your current accounts and savings accounts. So yes, you can create and use them for switching fodder.

However, if you only have one Chase current account and you CASS it away. You will lose your entire Chase account and wind up in the same position as @JIMMWX. Even if you have 10 savings accounts. It all goes.

Also, that was a very pleasant customer service experience. Replies were prompt, checked to make sure they were right, apologised when they made an error the first time around, and handled my probably somewhat bizarre query very well.

8 Likes

I wonā€™t believe this until you CASS a Chase account and a month passes :laughing:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been secretly waiting for the CASS feature with Chase - simply for the burner account(s)

Here we go!:

CASS Chase account#1 to OtherBank#1
CASS from OtherBank#1 to Chase account#2
CASS Chase account#2 to OtherBank#2
CASS from OtherBank#2 to Chase account#3
repeat ad kerching

ChaseRinseā„¢ļø

6 Likes

I think @davidwalton just volunteered!

May have been a blunder sharing that actually though, if the folks on the 9to5FS discord are right.

Remember what happened when the MSE folks caught wind of the RBS link? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Quick, destroy the evidence!

giphy

2 Likes

Indeed. Confirmed via Twitter in early May that the reopening ban is still in effect. Algbra is is then as a backup

3 Likes

Do they bin you for a year after closing? Just in case I wanted to complete my card trifecta.

4 Likes

Chase or Algbra? I donā€™t know about the latter but yes, once youā€™re dead youā€™re dead with Chase.

4 Likes