Chase Bank UK chat

With the new app update thereā€™s a ā€œwinter modeā€ ā€“ some snow overlaid on the account page.

Also the roundups are now Google Assistant?

3 Likes

How does one access this winter mode? usually these easter eggs are hidden behind something like a shake, but that doesnā€™t activate it!

edit: found it!

1 Like

Only works in the actual account not the main card page - certainly not for me anyway, iPhone 12 Pro Max

3 Likes

Yeah, it only activates on the particular account you switch it on at. Bit of slip there by them I think, however, some may not want it on all the time.

3 Likes

Makes no difference to me Iā€™m actually not using their account for much at all. Canā€™t seem to sway from Monzo :joy: I use it if I consciously think of cashback

1 Like

Use mine every day.

Monzo was just my hub, but may have to reconsider that relationship after recent issues.

3 Likes

Do tell

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just become another name on the list of Monzo customers to have their account randomly frozen for trying to move my money from one account in my name to another in my own name.

They didnā€™t even bother to update me when it had been unfrozen :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Did you move funds in and move them out again within a short time? Thatā€™s caught me before though not with Monzo.

1 Like

What happened? Usually we get these stories from first time posters with an obvious axe to grind.

1 Like

Money in from Tandem via Open Banking.
Once arrived, went to move it to Lloydā€™s account in my name, and FP blocked.

Tried smaller amount, still no go,so contacted CS and they told me account frozen pending enquiries.

Initiated a Complaint, however, donā€™t see it doing much.

If it happens again though, Iā€™ll switch to Starling. Contacted them same day to see how incoming BACS are dealt with, as income and DDs all fall on the 1st of the month, and got a reply within the hour, confirming that my system would work with them. That was CS on a Saturday too.

I donā€™t normally use Monzo as my hub for money movement, mainly due to stories on here, but Lloydā€™s were not connected to my Tandem account and Monzo were.

More fool me. Lesson learned.

3 Likes

Sadly looks like money laundering if you move funds in and directly out, so they have to be on the ball with it to prevent fraud and everything else as we can all understand.

Iā€™ll touch wood but it never happened to me, not once. My other half used to send me money to Monzo at the end of every month (up to Ā£1k every time) which I then transferred straight to Barclays and never had an issue. Maybe because we were connected through a JA?

No longer with Monzo though so not an issue that I could encounter now

1 Like

Itā€™s really crap thatā€™s happened to you. I use Monzo as my money hub - so I tend to use it to receive money from one account before sending it immediately to another. I havenā€™t had any problems yet so fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Tried Chaseā€¦

Signup - Pretty decent though took a few goes on the verification for some reason

Card - Looks cool, only giveaway that itā€™s a bank card (apart from name obvs) is the Mastercard logo

App - Meh. Looks like someone took a load of random features out of Monzo, Starling, Others and merged them into one. Very limited functionality, though itā€™s early days so fair enough.

Left and came (back) to Monzo as a result

1 Like

Should also add the packaging is veerrrry similar to Monzo, I think.

Just opened what Iā€™d hoped was my Monzo card but nope, itā€™s the chase one for the account I closed 24h after opening :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yeah, I launder money from a savings account in my name and then try and hide it in an existing payee current account in my name.

Iā€™m the worst criminal on the planet :joy:

11 Likes

I use my Chase daily.

How come you cancelled yourā€™s?

1 Like

Why though? If itā€™s an app design thing then I guess thatā€™s each to their own, but Iā€™m curious why at the very least cashback on everything doesnā€™t keep you.

What features do they have that you need? If they are very Monzo specific then why open in the first place, since the features are well documented online by this point.

I mean every bank is different for everyone, but I really donā€™t understand people who open and close within 24 hours. It makes no sense.

Unless itā€™s just to make a point on here :stuck_out_tongue::laughing:

10 Likes