Chase Bank UK chat

Yeah I got similar text when I bought rail ticket.

It went through following day though so no free travel :joy:

I got similar with a vending machine at work that doesnā€™t vend very well.

Chase doesnā€™t charge me pending a refund, just takes the charge away. Every other card I have used has a pending charge for a while until it drops off.

Fine for a bag of crisps, but wouldnā€™t be great if it were a larger purchase.

1 Like

Chase seem to be planning some pop up locations in the coming weeks

7 Likes

Anyone passing by one of the locations please report what this is actually like. Sadly theyā€™re not giving away much on their socials and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be visiting any of the places

Edit: some more info here. Ā£5 gift card and prize draws. Nice:

2 Likes

Discovered today via another forum that you can use an NFC app to read the full card number of your physical Chase card - means you can add it to Airtime Rewards and similar services.

1 Like

Lol

Your laughter confuses me.

2 Likes

Your confusion lols me.

4 Likes

Just managed to manually add my chase virtual card details to Google Pay and it provisioned successfully. Even took me to the chase app which asked me to enter my pin number to activate the card on Google pay.

I havenā€™t actually tried it on a shop yet but I assume an official launch isnā€™t far off

3 Likes

Yep me too, added my Chase card to gPay earlier today - didnā€™t receive any notification that this was now available, just saw the option when I was looking for my card details on app I think. Wasnā€™t concentrating so canā€™t quite remember!

Will see if it works tomorrow!

Same here. Added okay.

Now to try use it :blush:

How did the direct debit set up go?

Nothing in the app yet; but nothing from the company to say it didnā€™t get set up. So we shall see.

In my chase app, I pulled down to see the card details and there was an Add to GPay button. I clicked it, it worked like monzo one, and then was gone. Chase added to GPay.

Hooray. Can stop carrying the card around I think.

3 Likes

I think I saw a TV advert for Chase yesterday. Didnā€™t seem particularly special and wouldnā€™t encourage me to look up the bank.

Very little on this forum ever appears special! Weā€™re likely not the target audience for a bankā€™s campaign, given we know about it already.

People want stability with a bank, they want the mundane, they want the recognisable and donā€™t want to think much of their bank.

Sure, most of us here like more than that, like the new features and the flashy ways to do things in innovative ways, but that really isnā€™t how the rest of the country (particularly the older generations) think - broadly.

9 Likes

If it was the advert that Iā€™ve seen - itā€™s heavily promoting the one thing that actually the general public will understand and care about - the 1% cashback on everything (* conditions apply).

Itā€™s people being told they get cashback on their latteā€™s, and on their holidays and other stuff.

1 Like

Youā€™re already on a banking forum every day. Youā€™re not the target audience.

5 Likes

There was just nothing attention grabbing about the advert. That is what I mean by special. Thereā€™s no reason for someone to watch it and go ā€œI might look them upā€.

1 Like

I mentioned this in the Christmas thread, itā€™s quite a bummer when merchants fiddle with their MCCs to get lower/higher fees or different terms. I got my first order in from Patch but was not eligible for cashback because they categorise themselves as ā€œprofessional/membership organisationsā€

Itā€™s rare, but off putting that I have to play MCC lottery with the odds unknown