Cash deposits now available at the Post Office šŸ’°šŸ“®

Simple answer to the Ā£1 charge. Pay it if you want to use the service, or save yourself Ā£1 and donā€™t use it - simple.

For those that get the free monthly allowances (like I do with Premium), we are inadvertently paying through our monthly fee.

6 Likes

1Ā£ is fine, the limit of 300Ā£ is too low

1 Like

I remember a time when Monzo introducing a new feature was a good thing. It used to take a good while before the moaning began. Now itā€™s less than an hour.

Is this the inexorable pace of progress?

7 Likes

Currently, weā€™re just signed up to Cash Deposits. We knew there was an established customer need for this feature. We wanted to partner initially with the Post Office, this will make it easier to enable additional services in the future but this is not currently on our roadmap.

12 Likes

Look who it is though.

I timed this perfectly! chefs kiss

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call doing what other banks have been doing for years, but charging users for it, progress really.

5 Likes

Shame, in my local village we have a Post Office, with a cashpointā€¦ the cashpoint charges Ā£1.50 whereas cash withdrawals from the counter are free.

The progress I was referring to was not that of Monzo, it was of the commenterati

Great addition to bulk out the existing functionality.

I fully accept the cost, think the limits are fair for a digital bank and accept thereā€™s some work ongoing to increase these

2 Likes

@Rupert_W Random thing - in this help text I think thereā€™s space before the word ā€œAtā€ in the 2nd & 3rd paragraph

6 Likes

One could argue, at the fees and limits theyā€™ve chosen, they probably shouldnā€™t have!

I can only speak for check imagining, but with the limits it launched at, it may as well not exist at all for me. My needs of such a feature exceed what Monzo elected to offer. And thatā€™s what itā€™ll be to others.

But youā€™re directing your frustrations at the wrong people. Itā€™s not the userā€™s fault that Monzoā€™s implementation didnā€™t meet their needs. These features are in demand and essential. But Monzoā€™s limits significantly restrict their usefulness for a lot of the folks who wanted them. Effectively meaning theyā€™re barely better than not having the features at all.

Thereā€™s hope theyā€™ll get to the point people need them to be though. In both instances Monzo pre-empted those shortcomings with a promise to fix them in time. But until then, folks can only judge them by todayā€™s limits.

4 Likes

Are they? Iā€™ve not had to deposit a cheque or cash for several years, so theyā€™re not that in demand or essential.

So youā€™re conceding that these features are better.

1 Like

For you. I still have to deposit a few large checks a year, so itā€™s an essential core feature for me. Ā£500 is too low to service my check depositing needs however.

Barely. But Iā€™m sure most people will concede that what weā€™ve been given is better than nothing. Even those who are complaining about them.

Why is your life experience the one that determines what is essential and what is in demand?

2 Likes

Cheque use is in decline, as is cash.

Considering you post every news article you see, Iā€™m surprised you havenā€™t seen any about that.

1 Like

No, I donā€™t.

Cheque use is in decline, as is cash.

Being in decline doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t essential for many and that they arenā€™t in demand.

3 Likes

If it was so essential, they wouldnā€™t be with Monzo.

The demand is declining. That is a fact.

Well.

Cash and checks have actually been pretty stagnant since 2019, and are slowly creeping back up, if anything.

If Monzo ever hope to get my business custom, their check game would need to be on point. Not even a transparent card would sway me otherwise.

3 Likes

Again, a decline does not mean it isnā€™t still popular and necessary for a lot of people.

Big uplift!

It was always going to be up after a lockdown.

2 Likes