Best way to spend money abroad?

Yep. I’ve changed a fair amount at 1.15. If Brexit is cancelled and the rate recovers to where it was pre referendum, my hols in summer will have cost more than they needed to… But I’ll be so happy I won’t care :grin:

2 Likes

If we crash out though you might be our new king!

1 Like

I only use a credit card for spending and now I am going to use the monzo card mainly for this how long do i have to pay or do i pre load the card with cash before?

Monzo is a bank account. So you’d use it like any other bank account. You put money in, then you spend it. Unless you can persuade them to offer you an overdraft (at £0.50 per day).

1 Like

Excellent

Is there any limit to how much money i can put in a day / month etc.

It’s a bank account. Not a pre-paid card. So, no. Although if you dump £1million in that might prompt a query!

1 Like

I was wondering what to do will the mill I had lying around

1 Like

Incoming is unlimited, card transactions are limited to £10,000 per day. Which should be enough unless you’re going to Columbia to re stock your business :rofl:

Free foreign ATM withdrawals are limited to £200 per 30 days, they charge 3% after that.

2 Likes

Thanks previously I was using a credit card but I now understand thanks to your advice👍

I travel in Europe quite a bit and the Monzo card is great for it. I like the simplicity and also the summaries it gives you of what you’ve spent in each country.

I have a transferwise account too but tend to just use that for transfers instead of day to day spending. I think the different in the rate would be pennies really so depends if you want the faff of watching the exchange rates.

For the trains - Italy I’ve definately found cheaper just buying at the station. But maybe for Germany and Austria (I think I saw those on your itinerary) maybe you could look to see if they offer a multi-trip or day ticket? That’s what I do when I’m in Switzerland as it’s so much cheaper than the individual tickets on the trains, I think Austria is similar at least.

1 Like