Back to the gym

Went to the gym first time today since the lockdown. Was upsetting how much strength I have lost. Which was going to happen anyway not training for 4 months. For example my 40 kg in each hand dumbell presses has gone down to 20 kg each.
How are other people finding going back to the gym? Or are other still staying clear of the gym for now?

Just been to the gym and thereā€™s a new machine. Only used it for an hour as I started to feel sick. Its good though, it does everything ā€˜Kitkats, Mars bars, Snickers and crispsā€™! :slight_smile:

20 kilos ā€¦pah :muscle:

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a big drop, doubt itā€™ll take you long to get back upto 40kg though

Yes mate, tomorrow I will go to the gym and use the cross trainer to see how much my cardio has gone down by

Take it easy and build up over time. I went to the gym last week for the first time since March and it took almost a week to recover as my shoulder was in pain despite the fact that I was staying with much lower weights than usualā€¦

2 Likes

I think I should start hurting from tomorrow and DOMS should be worst on the second day.
Tomorrow I might just do cardio as I will be hurting

One Iā€™m going to not opened back up yet heā€™s waiting a few more weeks

I was hoping to get back into it. However, thanks to the new local lockdown thatā€™s not looking like an option right now. Maybe soon

Very glad to be back in the gym . Plenty of muscle soreness as you said but that subsides when you get back into it

40KG dumbbell press in each arm is very impressive

Iā€™m unfortunately one of those ā€œCrossFit wankersā€ myself

I have also lost a load of strength and my cardio is pretty much non existent at the minuteā€¦

Coaches keep telling us to just enjoy the journey back to full fitness as we are all in the same boat, and just keep your head up

1 Like

I was new to this world just before Christmas, so very much learning the ropes.

I know itā€™s bad, but Iā€™m taking some pleasure from having more of a level playing field now everyone is struggling!

1 Like

Iā€™m yet to go to the gym, my gym here in Toronto isnā€™t open yet :frowning:

1 Like

The gym is not as busy as pre lockdown which is good. Cleaning stations around and good manners to clean after using equipment and to be cautious before also. Sadly not everyone wipes down their station after they use it! Itā€™s funny because the gym is one of the dirtiest places to be in, if you think about it, all sweaty etc, however, the healthiest at the same time :laughing: :man_shrugging:

I have noticed the same. Loads of members have cancalled thier membership. My gym always use to be busy. Not its always dead.
But in my gym, people donā€™t wipe the machinesā€¦ But I always wipe the machine before and after use.
Also put on about 6 pounds in the last 10 days of training

I think itā€™s good itā€™s not as busy. I havenā€™t done weight training yet, just doing fasted cardio. Are people reluctant to spot you?

For me i kept it up at home, using a pull up bar that hooks on to your door and doing daily squats and lifts with garden deco as itā€™s around 15kg as itā€™s a large strobe gnome.
However before lockdown I could bench around 65-85kg depending if it was a good day but now itā€™s mostly 60-70kg but I get extremely tired quicker

1 Like

I got this beast delivered today, I ordered it just before the Christmas break, was Ā£599 when I bought it. Think that was a Christmas sale, now weā€™re back in lockdown the price is Ā£200 more.

I certainly bought it at the right time as I thought another lockdown was coming. Iā€™ve already got weights so needed something fun for cardio.

Itā€™s take me 3 attempts to get it up 2 flights of stairs, itā€™s approx 70 kilo in the box. After 2 failed attempts I used my brain and took it out the box, all the bits separate made the main part just manageable, was a workout just shifting it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.