Anti fraud feature request

Final are interesting - I do agree that there is a problem with cards but not sure I’d describe it as ‘broken’.

The thing that really matters here is whether there is a sufficiently large market of people for which current card behaviour is such a problem that they are willing to:
a) Consider generating a card number per merchant and
b) Consider switching to a card that allowed them to do that
Personally I’m not sure there is a market there. Just because people have a problem, doesnt mean that they will actually act on it. There will definitely be a set of people that Final will be very appealing to, but will it appeal to a large enough market to make it a successful proposition?

What really matters here is what drives consumer behaviour - its not sufficient to solve a problem - it has to be a sufficiently important problem/unmet need to actually drive action

2 Likes

Credit cards as a whole should be scrapped. If you want something secure you want to have a fingerprint type of theory. E.g. Paypal use the IP address on a pc and browser to make sure it is a valid user before asking for additional security. Fingerprinting based on someone’s habits etc with big data these days it is entirely possible to create a profile of some in which credit is derived/used. Hence why Facebook with it’s big data has applied for a banking licence in Ireland and is going to be providing those services in the UK. It’s a much better way of being secure because there is 100’s of identifiers which could create different combinations therefore impossible to have fraud committed.