An Update on Overdrafts

Mine hasn’t changed since I originally got an overdraft :frowning:

IMG_D395597393D4-1

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that they give me the £10k overdraft I am hoping for (at 50p a day) but I have a feeling my limit is going to be low :slightly_frowning_face:

The max right now is £1000

Ah, for the days when a random person’s opinion of how one looked was part of the criteria to approve a loan!

1 Like

Has yours changed since originally being offered an overdraft? I didn’t think Monzo were increasing limits as of yet?

Still waiting… :pensive:

To be honest I’m not 100% sure but I think so :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the team’s mentioned to me that the limit is being reevaluated based on soft checks on your credit report - the same sorts of changes that you’ll see in your ClearScore reports.

I only have a monkey, I’ve not used it yet.

careful, they bite

2 Likes

I haven’t been offered an overdraft :slightly_frowning_face:

So I have decided to create a new pot: Overdraft. Put some money into it and every time I take money out pay myself 50p a day until I put the money back. That way creating myself an even bigger overdraft facility to borrow against in future.

It’s a bit of admin though and has a large cost upfront.

13 Likes

That’s an amazing idea :clap:t2:

I’m not entirely sure if trust the opinion of a BS employee. I’ve met a few, and I don’t usually care much for their attitude.

Could probably build something against the API to track what you’re doing and remind you to pay back the pot / how much

I like that idea, a little app on my phone (I want to learn app development so good project) to keep a record.

It does only work though if I can get some starting capital though.

The way I’d approach it would be to run the service somewhere and interact with the user through feed items inserted directly into Monzo :slight_smile:

I’ve got a few ideas that use that (using pots). I’m just waiting for the V2 API’s to be made public :angry:.

1 Like

Will we have the ability to make transactions then? Everything looks read only right now so anything I build has to advise rather than do things

Yeah, I think they’re allowing write access to pots at least. Not so sure about other transactions.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks for sharing. I should get more active on slack

That’s a clever idea to try and avoid overdrafts in the future. Going to give it a go. Thanks for that idea

1 Like