A big update to connected accounts

This is a limitation of Nationwide’s systems unfortunately :disappointed: They only return up to 90 days’ worth of data on credit cards. Currently it might be a little less than that, due to a bug on their end.

3 Likes

I’ve found a very minor bit of slightly odd behaviour.

In the summary screen, tapping on More shows me a list of categories with 0 spend, which makes sense. I don’t have a way of collapsing that list back up though, without exiting and re-entering the summary, that I can see?

1 Like

Currently we limit you to 50 active custom categories, yep :+1:

(Not for any particular reason other than to stop the UI getting out of hand…)

2 Likes

That’s right, there isn’t currently a “Less” button. We might add one at some point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a feeling it might be. 90 days would be nice, though. At the moment, it gets up to about 6 transactions, then changes to just show 1 transaction. It did work as expected up to about a month ago.

Hopefully their big will be squashed soon.

1 Like

I hadn’t even thought of doing this!

TescoHealthy
TescoBad
TescoSweets
TescoDrink

UH OH!

5 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing: idk how many others are at 50 but would like to put in a very strong plea for this to be lifted as I am sure I’ll want more in the future. Only added a new one the other week.

1 Like

You’ve reached the limit? I would be very curious to know what your 50 custom categories are! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! Cant wait to have a play.

I’ll be joining tomorrow as the OCD can’t handle a monthly payment going out on anything other than the 1st of the month :grinning:

2 Likes

Emma now connects to Amazon New Day AFAIK, so the API should be available (perhaps)

2 Likes

Yes, a few open banking providers now work with NewDay cards, so the API is available. Emma, Yolt, and MoneyDashboard all support it.

Monzo just have to add support!

2 Likes

Also add me to that plea!

If my YNAB set up is anything to go by (and I don’t use these features in Monzo because of these limitations) - I’d be on 60+ categories.

:expressionless:

2 Likes

My favourite category is called “Go on then” and I try to keep spending in there as low as possible.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Damn, a minute too late!

I’m starting to think I don’t utilise categories enough!

4 Likes

What would be a really cool addition from this would be to be able to split a transaction from a connected account.

Say for example i make a purchase on my amex it would be great if i could then select that payment and do a split between say my monzo account and my girlfriend.

That would make me get plus :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Soooooooo:

Accessories (eg sunglasses, rucksacks maybe)
Art
Books
Booze
Cards
Cinema/theatre
Clothes
Club/festival
Coffee
Concerts
Eco (eg ecologi)
Energy (as in bills)
Fitness
Flights
Furniture
Gaming
Health
Holiday (would use this for hotels/Airbnbs as opposed to flights etc)
Home
Household / cleaning
Insurance
Jewellery
Junk food
Music
News
Plants
Politics
Presents
Privacy/security (Eg VPN, malwarebytes )
Pub/bar
Rent
Restaurant
Solidarity/support (eg various patreon and Novara subs, which, side note, would have each transaction split 50/50 across art/solidarity and news/solidarity respectively)
Stationery
Tv/film
Takeaways
Taxi
Tech
Tech service (eg iCloud as opposed to iPhone which would itself be in tech)
TfL
Toiletries
Trains
Uni/work
Water (as in bills)
WiFi
iOS (individual apps)

And four others which I won’t post here today :upside_down_face:

Looking through them just now…I could maybe subsume 2/3 into other categories and get by on tags due to the infrequency of transactions, but I split them out because I thought it was important to have a top level view even if there wouldn’t be many transactions (Privacy/security as a prime example of this).

I will one day have a pet, probably a car, maybe even a child. And that’s not to mention that much smaller things in my life could change which would necessitate me wanting to track my spend in some other less obvious categories.

So if there’s no technical reason for the cap, I would really appreciate it being lifted to at least 100 :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: feel like I’ve just provided a pretty deep insight into my thinking :grimacing:

6 Likes

Woah.

I’d love to be that granular with mine, but I can’t be bothered :laughing: Too much admin!

4 Likes

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: The joy of stationery (pens at the ready)