A better way to budget is here šŸŽÆ

I found what I would call a UX bug. A rather large monthly credit card payment results in seeing this in the Target tab, because it treats a pending payment as an expense and there is no way to recategorise it until it clearsā€¦ so I will be seeing it like this for several days until the transfer clears and I can recategorise it as a transfer.

I would really like to be able to categorise pending payments immediately.

1 Like

Just reported the same thing above. My payment cleared today and Trends returned to normal once the payment was categorised properly.

Agree about categorising or excluding pending payments.

2 Likes

Hi Jack, thanks. I canā€™t swipe back past the last month - so December. It stuck on that month. Yes it happens as soon as I swipe back. This is what I see:

I canā€™t swipe back to current month or previous months. I have PA and JA plus some credit cards and some pots with virtual cards included. Let me know if you need any more info.

2 Likes

I experienced this. I force closed the app (swipe up from bottom, close on iOS) and then it went away.

It isnā€™t going away for me.

Iā€™m mid month testing Targets and Iā€™ve encountered a problem - for me at least. Making payments to a credit card shows as a Transfer so excluded. Iā€™m happy with this approach.

However this means that my Target ā€˜Left to spendā€™ is higher than what Iā€™ve got left in my accounts, combined. If I change the category on the credit card payment to e.g. Groceries, that messes up the Spending tab as instead of spending Ā£100 on groceries, Trends thinks Iā€™ve spent Ā£200.

Itā€™s made worse by the Joint Account not being able to use custom categories. Iā€™m struggling to find a workaround. How do others here get round this problem?

I donā€™t. I get Fannoyed by the lack of custom cateogories (and all other Parity/Plus/Premium issues) with JAā€™s.

4 Likes

:disappointed:

Ditto really.

JA is bills and food shops, few things for the house etc. So I just ignore it completely for trends and donā€™t dig any deeper with it.

If a Tesco shop is shopping and not groceries and I notice it, Iā€™ll change it, but I just leave it 95% of the time.

1 Like

JA aside, it feels like the Target element is flawed with extra payments to eg credit card or even Flex. Itā€™s a shame as I canā€™t see a solution as paying off extra to a CC will always mean your Target left to spend is more than youā€™ve got.

Itā€™s strange as when I put Ā£500 to spend it always shows more available when i actually donā€™t have anything left in my account. Surely can be set better so when my salary gets paid in, it should automatically say ā€œafter bills you have Ā£ leftā€ that is what Iā€™m looking for in a bank.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what ā€œleft to spendā€ does. If itā€™s not accurate then change your budgets/budget period.

Target is something different (sort of)

1 Like

Targets only clicked for me when I set it up to work on my free to spend amount. So excluding bills, regular payments, things Iā€™d set aside in pots etc.

The one thing that would make it really eye popping for me would be to be able to have it off of my Left to Spend amount in the current account. Thatā€™d be epic.

4 Likes

Agreed, and I understand thatā€™s what the Balance tab is supposed to be for to an extent, but itā€™s all a bit bare.

Give me the Balance graph with the info from Targets, along with being able to set targets per category and Iā€™ll be happy.

What happend with Trends in summer 2022? :confused:
Until then, it had no problem to show individual Trends for separate Revolut currencies.

Now, itā€™s always referring to GBP Trends, regardless Iā€™m trying to review my ā‚¬ or any other :pensive:

This is exactly my issue. January is car insurance month and the Mrsā€™ birthday. And thatā€™s before I bought a new iPad i had no need for :man_shrugging:t4:.

4 Likes

Problem for me is that some of my bills/expenses I categorise as something I might categorise a daily spend as so I have to choose to either include it or not and not have target quite right.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to use it for but those pesky extra payments to Flex or credit card mess it up.

So I track these as additional purchases (not in trends cos I donā€™t use Monzo) but in Lumio. But the same should work for target.

I have my target which lets say is Ā£1000. But I also have car insurance which is Ā£500. So I put the latter down as a different category.

It doesnā€™t affect my monthly target but I can still see that I spend more than that this month on a special purchase. Iā€™ve still accounted for the money.

Visibility is key here, I think.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just noticed my previous months numbers arenā€™t correct and it seems to be because not all the accounts are ticked and there doesnā€™t seem to be a way to update it, the checkboxs are greyed out? Previously I wasnā€™t including my joint account but now I want to (historically as well).

1 Like