100,000 users!

10 Likes

Surely ÂŁ100m spent, not ÂŁ1m?

Yep that’s right! We updated a little bit ago :slightly_smiling_face:

100,000 is fantastic, but “Users” really? Is that “end users”? Maybe “account holders” or “customers” would be more appropriate and more personable? I dislike the way citizens/customers/clients/suppliers/partners/systems are sometimes rather lazily and/or dismissively all called “users” elsewhere, instead of treating them as something more individual. I’m sure that’s not the case at all in Monzo, so please let’s not use other folks’ legacy names, please.

Congratulations anyway. :smiley:

Personally I think “users” is the more personal term :stuck_out_tongue: “account holders” sounds detached to me & “customers” has the revenue generating reference. So perhaps there’s no right answer here & it all comes down to interpretation! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, maybe you’re right! Good we can discuss it here at Monzo.

All the best.

3 Likes

To me a customer is the best word as it symbolises a relationship with Monzo. A user signifies to me two things, someone who uses someone or a drug addict, and neither are ideal connotations

We could always put this to a poll :slight_smile:

Not sure it that important, but for interest how do we create a poll on here, as it is not obvious

I agree, that idea was just a way to head off random suggestions which don’t add up to a meaningful conclusion :wink:

Just click the cog when creating a post to bring up the Build Poll option -

|169x142.5

add your options & choose insert poll.

1 Like

Thanks for the useful reply

• Thank you
  • Many Thanks
  • Cheers mate

0 voters

4 Likes

And now ÂŁ100,000,000 spent too :tada: :tada: :tada:

7 Likes

We might need some more discussion to create a shortlist first. Some to start with… account holders, citizens, customers, iCustomers, mCustomers, members, monzonauts, monzoids, users.

1 Like

We did have Mondonauts/Monzonauts but it looks like the term fell out of use after the name change. :thinking:

1 Like

Monzoizers then you can for other purposes use Monzoize, Monzoized, Monzoizing, etc

1 Like

Monzoneers, AKA the pioneers of Monzo.
Monzoknights have a good ring to it too or maybe Monzomiesters?

2 Likes

I totally still use Monzonauts - but I might be one of very few people who still do :sweat_smile:

Love Monzoneers, that’s a cool idea! @thom_horne :+1:

6 Likes

Monzonians - 'cos we’re in the zone :slight_smile:

3 Likes