X (formerly Twitter) Discussion

$100m wow.

So in short Elon will be confidently vile to someone until it might cost him money. Not because he might be hurting people.

Par for the course for him.

7 Likes

That whole thread reminds me of why I left Twitter. Itā€™s also sad, it was once a great platform.

Where some see awful things happening at a once-proud company, others see an opportunity:

3 Likes

I remember Circuit City. I got a ā€˜PANICā€™ button from there for $4.99, had it on my desk at work (NYC) for a few years. It never workedā€¦

But heā€™s not wrong with that clever presentation.

1 Like
1 Like

Itā€™s a shame someone canā€™t fire him and replace him with another employee.

4 Likes

Iā€™m convinced if it wasnā€™t for the people literally tied to Twitter with a ball and chain called the US immigration system, Twitter would no longer exist.

The only people left would be the fedora-tipping mā€™lady crowd whose only computer credentials are spouting nonsense on Twitter and 4Chan.

2 Likes

That reminds me, Iā€™ve been thinking about the hoo-haa earlier this week, and wondering:

Given Musk basically admitted he fired Halli because he was disabledā€¦ was that whole downsizing round Musk asking HR for the list of employees with a declared disability and sacking those on it where he thought their disability (or accommodations for) meant they couldnā€™t put in the ā€˜hardcoreā€™ work he wants from people? :grimacing:

2 Likes

At this point one finds themself wondering if Musk has ever actually knowingly paid a bill:

Itā€™s getting beyond a joke now.

1 Like

He probably fired the people in charge of it.

1 Like

Apparently they paid the amazon bill because amazon threatened to withdraw all their advertising, which was worth quite a bit more than $70mā€¦

1 Like

And since COVID isnā€™t real,

1 Like
1 Like

Here we go again

1 Like

Maybe this has all been one great big April Fool, and itā€™ll all revert that day.

1 Like

Not specifically Twitter, but an interesting piece of legislation in the US:

1 Like

I have not read the article but this is alarming:

One of the bills will give parents full access to their childrenā€™s online private messages

That is removing the right to privacy and damaging to children with abusive parents for example? I know there is no easy solution but that seems like a sledgehammer approach?

3 Likes

I think the word youā€™re looking for is ā€˜repressiveā€™ :grimacing:

Itā€™s very dangerous for LGBT+ teens with homophobic families.

Even for ā€˜normalā€™ teens, how are they supposed to find their own way and space in the world if their parents can spy on every aspect of their lives?

6 Likes

American right wing politicians seem to be on some kind of collective challenge to see who can be the most awful. Their whole tactic is scaremongering and itā€™s a scary precedent.

3 Likes