X (formerly Twitter) Discussion

The everything app? How will that work? Will it allow me to control my smart lights by tweeting out that I want my lights to turn off?

1 Like

No. It will allow me to control your lights.

2 Likes

As long as I get some crypto in exchange, control away!

I mean technically you can do that already!

This was a thing I built a long time ago. Itā€™s not a good idea :smile:

Great way for the (potential) new owner to introduce themselves to the company

That must be a concern for @simonb, if heā€™s still at Twitter. Iā€™d imagine Communities arenā€™t high on Muskā€™s priorities.

Yes, that was my first thought!

Although I donā€™t think heā€™d find it hard to find another job (if heā€™s not already on the lookout).

The last place Iā€™d want to work at would be one owned by Musk and so if my work was ever in scope of being acquired by him Iā€™d be looking for an exit strategy straightaway

1 Like

Iā€™m still here, I had a promotion and I work across multiple features now. Communities is more than just a standalone feature now - itā€™s the bedrock of our entire future product strategy, and we have some pretty compelling reasons and data as to why, which the potential new owner will be made privy to by the company product leads in due course.

Trying not to focus too much on the media and things that are out of my control. For what itā€™s worth, that news story is based on very old discussions from before the offer was even made. While change is likely in some capacity, the scale being reported in the process is deeply hyperbolic, IMO.

Iā€™m just taking each day as it comes and working hard for our users and will continue to do so :pray:

7 Likes

Musk doesnā€™t care about Twitter, he just wants it as a platform for horrible creatures to live their lives out on. Itā€™ll just become a shower of shit, a poisonous platform.

3 Likes

Become? Itā€™s been like that for a long time.

4 Likes

If Musk buys it, I would be terribly embarrassed about the company I work for and would want out.

1 Like

But it would get worse

I have no doubt about that!

What does twitter/musk have to do with where you work?

Likely they work for one of the companies involved in the transaction on his side.

I phrased it really badly. I meant if I worked for Twitter :+1:

1 Like

Now complete and with some firings:

1 Like

I hope this is the purchase that starts to tank Elonā€™s empire. He finds heā€™s spread too thin and things start spiralling.

Hopefully he then gives up Twitter and leave it well alone.

1 Like