Work out your Budget & how much you'll have left to save after using Salary Sorter 🧮

I created this for myself recently so I figured I’d share it with the community too. This is a Notion template containing a tool that I’ve created, to help manage my Budgets and savings. You can clone this template to use the tool yourself. You could use a pivot table to get to do the same calculations but I find Notion easier to work with.

It enables you to calculate how much money you should set aside for your budget (by category and in total) and how much money you need to leave in your main account, once you’ve moved your salary payment into pots + savings.

Just let me know if you have any questions :smile:

10 Likes

Looks awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

Looks great and looking forward to trying it out :+1:

1 Like

Nice one

I fully intend to use that, thanks :raised_hands:

1 Like

Looks great.

Why would I need to use pivot tables in Excel though, this is just a list with some filters? It’s almost exactly the spreadsheet I have (and have used for the past 5 years or so)…

Not having a go, just curious. Or is it more a case of it’s useful to have in Notion??

Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Good point, you could create this with filters and filter views views (for quickly switching between sets of filters) and slightly complex SUM formula, that only adds up amounts from visible rows too :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes, it’s useful to have it in Notion as well, for easy access and to add notes, like the notes in my guide. Plus, I like having easy access to everything in the page layout and it looks nicer too!

2 Likes

Thanks for this, very useful :slight_smile:

How do you manage on a month by month basis? Simply Jan, Feb, Mar etc on separate workspaces (I’m new to Notion…)?

What I like about my current Google Sheet budget is the ability to see a few months at a glance, like so… If I could replicate a similar system I’m sold

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 19.27.58 Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 19.28.17

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.