Will there be fees?

I think £5 is a low fee for a business account, and like that my business account can be as good as my personal account now…

However, I went with Starling because it’s the same offering and it’s free. I also like that it’s a separate app/UI/card so I reduce the chance of using the wrong account accidentally.

One thing I dislike seeing is pricing excluding features that don’t cost any extra to provide. E.g. access to accounting systems integration not available on free plan. That feature has been built and it’s costing hardly anything for the company to provide to all. I wouldn’t want to see tiers introduced like this. I can understand volumes being a tier consideration, but not features as a whole unless there is a direct cost that needs to be passed on.

2 Likes

Judging by the speed that new business accounts are being offered and the length of the waiting list I can’t see a free version showing up any time soon. Like many people on this forum I’m moving over to Starling.

1 Like

I think this really boils down to human nature…

Why pay £5 when Starling is free… however I do kind of understand, I mean Starling got £200m for business banking so maybe they can afford to offer free banking :man_shrugging:

I just think if it was free, with paid addons something like Monzo Plus but for Business… Business Plus they’d get a lot more signups in the longer-term…

Your welcome, you can have my idea of Business Plus :wink:

1 Like