Will Monzo survive?

Just one more vote for Monzo. I’m from abroad and the ease of use and service provided is much more than any bank I know of (in the US). BUT/AND I have tried to set up accounts with conventional banks (Barclay, BofS) and it is a NIGHTMARE of little Englandish nonsense. Though I had a culture problem initially with Monzo (in the US you open an account with money; with Monzo and I gather in the UK, you open the account and then put money in), they have been great, even when I had a problem with pass numbers. Now, with Transferwise and Monzo (financial) life in the UK is great (well, except stuff is expensive). I hope Monzo goes to the US and shakes up that market too. I’d have salary deposit like a shot. Can’t speak to Starling or others, but Monzo seems to be the pioneer and I recommend them to all and sundry. FWIW

5 Likes

I don’t think Monzo will end up like Wework or similar scams, it is a real company with milllions of customers. The issue is whether there is a path to profitability. That will decide whether it becomes a successful public company or it will be bought out by some other bigger bank and absorbed.

Looks like the thread became famous.

This is a paid advert from The Telegraph.

4 Likes

Hi mum :wave:

5 Likes

At the very least it gets the name out there and into people’s heads.

1 Like

Incredible… makes you wonder why

As a Happy Monzo customer.
I think 75% of People in the internet normally writes to complain about something.
Happy customers normally don’t waste the time writing how good is a service if this is great because they don’t have the need to do so.
Monzo could be better. Mortgages, Credit cards, Joint overdrafts.
Be patient, just wait and see what happens before you kill a great company with your comments.
They are just starting being a good bank.
Overall this bank have the best services I ever had.
I have total control of my money instantly.
No other banks gave me any of these cool features.
Anyway being an openbank means you can see all others complaints. Legacy banks have unhappy people everyday.

Don’t panic!! And enjoy the weekend :wink:

11 Likes

I just wanted to come back to say eventually Monzo did come back to me and apologise. I hope they have learnt from it but regardless I’m impressed that they owned us to their mistake and compensated me.

It gives me more faith that they understand how it can damage confidence and the benefits of being up front and honest with customers.

Much respect for doing so!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.