We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Definitely this. I am sitting here with a calculator right now for my payments coming out on Monday.

4 Likes

Great feedback, agree with those first three points! (Not sure about the 4th as I’m on iOS).

1 Like

Hi Adam,

I understand, thank you for your reply and information.

Kevin

2 Likes

It did, but due to a bug we had to revert iOS 10 users. We fixed the bug weeks ago but were waiting a bit until most of those customers had updated to the latest releases. Still, there are 22 iOS 10 customers on older builds, so they’ll have to update the app for it to properly work. This is a trade-off, as there’s always a small number of customers that don’t update regardless of how long we wait. For reference we have roughly ~2k users on iOS 10.

@Hazz340 Can you try killing the app and re-opening? The config flags are always fetched on a cold launch.

4 Likes

This is a great idea! I’ve added to our backlog, but it’s very low priority.

27 Likes

They’ll be one in the future. Not imminent though.

We’re still learning about the Home button interactions, for now we want to keep it like this.

We have a new structure of this list coming out soon, probably next week. The things on the list will be similar, but will be structured differently and with a more consistent colour scheme (will share a screen shot below). You referred to these things as up-selling, I get why they might seem that way, but it’s a bit more than that as these are not “ads”. It’s the permanent place to add more things to your Monzo account, many of which we don’t make money with (like regular Pots, Joint Accounts, external credit cards, etc).
The idea behind this is that your Monzo experience improves if you create a few more Pots to separate your money, plan for holidays, create a Bills Pot to have direct debits come out of automatically, and so on. So as you add more things from this list of actions your account becomes “complete” to the point that you no longer see the buttons to add more stuff because they get pushed down as your account grows.

This is a subjective one. I’m just checking other Android apps and seems like most (all?) native Google apps have the same colour on the status bar. But still a fairly common pattern to have a slightly different shade on the status bar for many apps. @stuartregan can give more insight on this.

Here’s how it would look for a brand new customer.

And for someone that has added a few more things.

EDIT: The images get cropped out on the post, tap to see the whole thing.

12 Likes

I still feel that upcoming payments needs to be collapsable as I have 16 outgoing payments on Monday but they are all there today and now I have to scroll for the transactions under the upcoming

7 Likes

One would have thought the home button returns one to the same, consistent starting point every time it is pressed.

3 Likes

Here’s a Friday sneak peek :eyes:

Better loading states, still work in progress.

18 Likes

Hey @bruno

Just update to Version 2.63 on the android beta and the functionality of long pressing the app icon is gone.

I don’t particularly use the feature, but something for you to know :smiley:

We talked about these actions in standup yesterday, some of these actions might not work super well with new nav (either Android or iOS) but they should still be there :thinking: What phone are you using?

2 Likes

Hmm strange! I’m using the Samsung s10+!

Also were there any major changes with the new update or was this to accommodate the new plus features?

1 Like

Works for me

I have nothing to add to this thread, but after the Plus debacle, I just wanted to let @bruno know that I appreciate the effort to keep us updated! :+1:

31 Likes

Can you not display a message within the app to update? Feed item?

1 Like

You mean the full screen asking to update your app from the Store?

3 Likes

I echo this along with the rest of the community, these updates are brilliant and can’t thank @bruno and his team for all the hard work they have put into the new nav and keeping us updated frequently too! :raised_hands:

20 Likes

Single handedly keeping my faith in monzo for the moment @bruno please keep it up :laughing:

13 Likes

Me too

Well done @bruno

4 Likes

Looking good @bruno :+1:

I briefly forgot that there were discussions outside of the toxic Monzo Plus topic. It’s like a breath of fresh air in here :laughing:

15 Likes