We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

If only I had a penny for every time I’ve tapped the card when the transaction feed is lowered and expected something to happen… :joy:

4 Likes

Send a message in chat to COps and they can sign you up to testflight if theres space available

1 Like

Be nice to see the list view return instead of horizontal swiping

It’s not Times New Roman for me, are you on Android or iOS? (iOS for me - Monzo 2.56)

Not sure if this was looked at in earlier testing, but I really would like to see the little “notch” you get indicating where in the month you are in Summary to show up on the left to spend bar. It would give a lot more context to how you’re doing without having to tap into summary.

6 Likes

I like the fact the app stays in the same place as I often jump out the app and back in to check something is correct. Loosing my place would be a bit irritating.

3 Likes

If you show the card number and expiry date for a card and then navigate by swiping to another account you hold, the details appear the same on the card. It does still toggle between normal and joint account in the top left of the card image but the details are the same. Same if you show details for personal and scroll over to joint or vice versa.

Is there a secret option to copy the card number? Swear it was there before. Maybe.

Only thing it’s missing (for me) is a button to quickly flick between personal and joint account on the transaction list screen, much like you now get in the Payments screen at the top left which is awesome. (Even more awesome if it just toggled between the two accounts without bringing up a list of just 2 accounts if you’re already in one of them.) Scrolling isnt so great when you have lots of pots. How about a long press on the profile icon top-left of the transactions page for a speedy account toggle?

1 Like

This is good for jumping in and out, but it would be good if after a set amount of time e.g. 10 or 15 minutes, it could reset back to the default home screen view.

3 Likes

When is the cut off point for this?

From reading comments and suggestions it seems like it could go on forever :grimacing:

Love the new design tbh it’s so simple and easy to use. Except for me I’ve reverted ( not my choice probably a bug) back to the old style and I don’t know why? It’s so cumbersome and clunky I love the new design so much more I just want it back!!!

Still no “left to spend bar” in 2.57.0 :apple:. I’m guessing the negative value discussed earlier may still be the reason but I’ll know for sure tomorrow when money gets deposited.

If that is the reason, I’d quite like like to see the value of the potential overspend in its place since that’s the key number I manage things by.

I think Bruno said once the metrics show the new nav isn’t having a negative impact on growth or customer support queries etc then it will fully replace the old nav.

(The new nav has to match or perform better on certain indicators)

From that point on I suspect changes will still come. Just maybe not as frequent and it will mostly be smaller changes.

2 Likes

iOS 2.57 - I’m not a font expert so might not be TNR, but it definitely looks really out of place when you click on ‘new savings pot’

1 Like

When is account / pot totals meant to be returning? Thought that was touted for 2.57?

Just turned off the new Nav to locate a setting in the old world view and I didn’t like it. Just highlights how good the new Nav is.

One thing I did notice is that there’s no way to get to “Add to Google pay” in the new Nav.

2 Likes

I really couldn’t agree more, having this bar as a reference point is so useful!

1 Like

New design is great!

Personally, I think the card section is overcrowded. The graph was a good idea but I guess if it’s not working the in same way as before then fair enough.

But the best thing about the graph was the that you could check the daily spend of previous days? Perhaps that could be brought back?

1 Like

I’ve never fully grasped ‘Summary’. So I was a bit disappointed to see the ‘Left to spend’ figure be so high up the hierarchy of info - cause mine is just a random figure.

Am I the only one who has never used ‘Summary’? Maybe nows the time to start, any tips (or links to other threads)?

3 Likes

Love the new nav and the card disappearing on the second pot has been fixed!! :grin:

1 Like

Loving the RAG colours on the left to spend figure on the home page now.

1 Like