We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Because the money doesn’t go in straight away (from a flexible ISA pot) even though it appears in your feed. The graph is an easy at-a-glance way to see whether and when my balance goes up or down. Good for ADHD me.

Where can I now see immediately what my balance was at a particular time?

How do I remove the update? The bright white background gives me a headache, please let me know if there’s a way to bring back the dark theme

2 Likes

Just a few things that came into my mind after switching on the new navigation look under Monzo Labs:

• a tap on the home button in the lower left corner should bring one back to the main account if one is in a savings pots
  • a tap on the home button should scroll up to the top of the transactions history
  • Nice card freeze animation gone :frowning:
  • hope a dark mode will be introduced, liked the contrast of the dark blue top that showed the balance in the old UI; also missing the graph that shows the account balance over time
  • “view all” button should be at the bottom of the screen for better reachability when using phone with one hand
  • round up icon for respective transactions does not look well and seems confusing (mix of savings pot background picture and a white leaf — in case an external savings pot is chosen for round up —, overlaying with the transaction icon itself). maybe change to a little coin symbol and place under the transaction icon
  • Horizontal bars/separators between days on which transactions occurred could have a subtle grey background instead of white (similar to the old UI)
  • I would like to be able to choose pictures/photographs for saved payees
  • Account overview might look nicer when showing all accounts in tile form (like in the starling app)
2 Likes

Having read every post on this thread (I need a new hobby), i’ve seen a fair bit of negativity towards the white background. Are there any fans of it out there? Who likes it?

1 Like

Even better if:

• it told you your total balance after each transaction

And

• a total of what you spent that day too!

1 Like

Love a good “even better if”

Hi Melody :wave:

There are 2 versions of the 'new nav UI and I’m not sure which you are on, so…

1. From the Mozo app Home screen, tap on your profile icon, tap on ‘Setings’, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Monzo Labs, then deselect the new interface option. This will revery you to the ‘Standard’ interface. If the new interface option is not displayed in Monzo Labs, then you are using the other type of Nav beta which you either opted into or Monzo switched you automatically on to it when you joined - so to go back from this;
  2. From the Monzo app Home screen, tap on ‘Help’, scroll to the bottom and tap on ‘CHAT WITH US’ to open a chat - then ask to be removed from the beta interface and they will do this for you. Once you have been removed, you can’t go back to the beta nav again

Hope this helps!

EDIT: With the release ov V2.55.0 (Android today, iOS next week) - the above information in Point (2) no longer applies. Everyone can switch the new nav on/off via Labs.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug but how do the summary number relate to the new info on the pot list screen?

Looks to me like it’s calculating a total like this:

Total Spending = Left to spend + Spending so far

It’s then working out how much of that you have spent:

% used = 100% - ( Left to spend / Total Spending)

I agree it’s a bit confusing since the left to spend is just an estimate so the total spending number will change as you spend :confused:

1 Like

That does kind of work out but shezz lol

What’s even more confusing is on android on the main screen it doesn’t show the % remaining or an amount remaining so it just says the total spending figure and a progress bar. Makes it looks like the total spending figure is your left to spend which is wrong :woman_facepalming:

My left to spend on Summary is 648 and my spending so far is 61.

1 Like

I am finding the whole progress bar confusing. I just dont get it. It isnt showing me anything useful. At least iOS has a %.

So the figure to the right of the bar - is that my salary - committed spend?

1 Like

No, it’s your ‘total spending’ figure I outlined above:

Total Spending = Left to spend + Spending so far

I should really call it ‘Predicted Total Spending’ as the left to spend is predicted.

2 Likes

I cant see what the benefit of that is? Am I missing something?

It’s telling you how far you are into how much they think you will spend that month. It makes sense IMO, it’s just a confusing number to see as it’s estimated and will change, and also its not shown on Summary anywhere.

1 Like

Im not sure if it is working how it should then. I’ve excluded everything from summary to get my spend down to a few £. But the progress bar is still fully blacked out.

And when you exclude all spending the bar just disappears.

Summary seems to have completely disappeared on mine!

I actually think this is because you’ve excluded your income from summary too. If so, it thinks you have nothing left to spend. So it’s doing Left to spend (0 as you havnt had any income) + spending so far (whatever you havnt excluded - a fiver) and saying you’ve spent it all which you have.

Looks like it works as intended just is pretty confusing.

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent but I really just don’t get this :exploding_head::grinning:

Wtaf. Summary was literally the only reason I joined monzo. Bring it back. When is it coming back.

1 Like