The Monzo Current Account Preview

Passport or Driving License. It does the ID check in the app, you take a pic and record yourself saying a phrase, and you get authenticated within a few minutes. Then you get given a card which you can quickly link to your account.

2 Likes

Thanks for that - you’re right, it did say that on the invite. :+1:

Looking forward to visiting Monzo HQ :smile:

2 Likes

What time is it 18:30 or 19:00?

I’m on dev beta 4 (released yesterday) and no issues on either of Monzo apps :+1:

1 Like

Someone set the time wrong? It’s counting down to 7:00 on youtube

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for streaming. :+1:

1 Like

@alexs what is the app called I need to download monzo current account app?

Just did my first semi large relevant bank transfer… no idea if it went through :wink: haha but happy I’ve got the functionality

1 Like

TestFlight. It’s apples offocial way to distribute beta software for testing. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/testflight/id899247664?mt=8

1 Like

Went earlier, was a good evening.

Interesting points I noted from the talk:

• Around 3/4 of the 300k+ users are active users
  • There have been two buyout approaches in the last month alone.
  • Cool drinks bottle openers on the walls (but they really need to attach some buckets below them as the bottle tops go all over the floor at present :grinning: )

Was also good speaking with @Naji and some fellow Monzonauts over a beer after the talk.

6 Likes

So, how do I now whether I’m one of those 219 lucky elected people to have got a current account?
Very unlikely, but there is not a clear explanation for this.

You’re explicitly invited to an event, along with instructions of what to bring etc. If you have an account, you’d know :wink:

1 Like

First standing order for Rent worked perfectly :v: :wink:

3 Likes

Something else I thought was interesting regarding the current accounts - they mentioned they’re aiming on having 1,000 users by the end of the first month, then 5,000 by the end of the second, and 20,000 by the third. Once they know they can handle that many, they’re confident they’ll be able to open it up to everyone so that’ll be October-ish.

4 Likes

Tom did :smiley: It’s important to bear in mind that he also stressed that, that wasn’t a commitment though & those plans may change :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone able to give feedback on the budgeting features in the current account just yet?

Right now it’s the same as the prepaid account in terms of setting targets and categorising your spending.

I’m guessing that you’re referring to the new Breakdown design? None of the features that Hugo’s previewed in #sneak-peek posts are in the current account app yet. Which also means that prepaid users aren’t missing out on those :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When are the next rollouts planned :smile: My salary is incoming on the 15th, so would be pretty sweet to have it by then!

2 Likes

Oh ok. I’d just assumed it would be. I don’t feel quite so desperate to get my hands on a current account now. The breakdown page is my #1 wanted feature.

3 Likes