Revolut user very disappointed with Monzo

Thanks @alexs! Absolutely, no point in wasting your time when there are so many exciting possibilities!

Ok, so a little more detail on how much I’ve used those features:

• change PIN via app - I hardly ever go to an ATM. This saves a job. One time this was very useful was when I lent my card to my wife and she called because she’d forgotten the PIN. I said well, you pick one you’ll remember and changed it immediately for her. Incredible.
  • location based security - makes me feel a bit safer but also a bit worried it will not know where I am when I have no data and block me, so mixed feelings I guess
  • enable/disable magstripe - don’t care that much I guess. I assume this is a common scammer method?
  • Contactless - Many of my cards are contactless and I try to only carry one at a time so that I don’t have to remove it from my wallet every time I take the tube/pay for something. This means Monzo has to have proven its worth to be better than all my other cards to be worth carrying. Otherwise, I’d just carry it as a non contactless and use it for most of my chip and pin spending.
  • enable/disable ATM withdrawals - don’t care that much I guess
  • enable/disable e-commerce - I suppose with virtual cards this becomes less useful (depending on their limitations), but generally I leave this disabled as a security thing but not that bothered.
  • Security code to access the app is something I have on all my other banking/credit card apps to protect my money. Can live without it, but also doesn’t seem like a huge feature to implement.

So top feature requests:

• change/check PIN
  • enable/disable contactless

Great to hear some of this is already on the way! Shame Android has so much catching up to do but it seems to be doing so quickly!

My main use case is insight into my spending - that’s the sole reason I have a card right now (it has to be worth more to me than the rewards I’d otherwise get with AmEx/Visa).

I don’t actually mind having my holiday spending separate from my day-to-day so I think I’d probably keep Revolut around for that anyway. However, I’d like to make Monzo my “daily driver”.

Just want to give feedback to help. I’ve only had the card for a day or so, so only first impressions really. I think we’ve all had bad experiences with the big banks so I’m keen to help anyone that can level the playing field a little.

Hope that helps clarify

3 Likes