Referral scheme?

If they added a zero I’d be more inclined to share and promote, otherwise I just bring it into conversation where relevant.

2 Likes

I’ve had a feed pop-up asking me to refer friends for £5, anyone else had this?

1 Like

I hate to be the party pooper but I see this as a purely negative thing at the moment. I haven’t seen any news of improvement around the availability and capabilities of COps, and until that’s sorted so existing customers can expect fast, reliable and knowledgeable support I don’t think there should be a push for more rapid growth.

But that’s just me, as customer service is one of the key priorities in anything for me :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That isn’t the sort of thing that will be announced though and we’ll always get the thin edge of “Monzo CS is terrible” on here because nobody is going to join/post to say they got their problem solved quickly and easily.

6 Likes

But does getting more sign ups really help? Monzo already has a decent number of customers considering it is still a fairly new bank. (Genuinely asking, I’m not an expert in this sort of thing)

To be fair, how often do people have issues with their Monzo accounts that can’t be dealt with themselves via the self serve? Unless people just aren’t trying and jump to the chat option through laziness.

You could approach any bank or service provider and there will always be someone who’s either new, or in training, that may not give the most appropriate answer in the first instance and I’m sure those are reviewed and given constructive feedback on how to improve the customer journey.

Never personally had any issues with any bank, and the only “service” provider I will never ever use again is Purple Bricks for letting a property as it’s been the worst experience in our lives.

2 Likes

I guess so. That’s why they brought it back (also not an expert :smiley: )

2 Likes

You’ve seen some of the things that newbies ask. That is small fry compared to what chat get!

2 Likes

Yes of course it helps! Monzo is still a small bank, it’s valuation is based on it becoming a much, much bigger bank. They need to show growth to show that it’s headed in the right direction.

1 Like

I meant that if they were losing money. Would getting more customers (some of which will cost Monzo some money, I think anyway) help rather than trying to get more profit from the existing customers?

More customers = generally more profit to be made.

2 Likes

Ah I see, probably less so, I think they’ve said a few times that they held back on customer growth while they worked on profitability so they wouldn’t burn through money as fast. Which is why I think we are close to profitability now most likely, because advertising and referrals have both returned recently

1 Like

A few hundred mil in the bank probably helps too.

3 Likes

Looks like it started a while ago

Sausage rolls!!! :partying_face: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

If they did it with Plushies we’d be at 10m by now!

7 Likes

Or 1 free merchant data correction with every referral?

8 Likes

Thanks. Most of us already have an account or had it before :slightly_smiling_face::+1: