Project Imagine (PI1 banking as a platform - formerly Dozens consumer fintech)

Just signed up via my ipad as using iphone 5 and no iOS 11 :wink: looking at it for just the 5% savings :wink:

Is there more information on this bond somewhere?

Since itā€™s listed can I assume the value of the bond can go down as well as up and savers are exposed to such fluctuations in value?

The yield is being advertised as 5%. Is this guaranteed even if there are defaults?

7 Likes

Good questions. Really hope that @Rob_dozens is up for answering them - and explaining a bit more about the Dozens business model (how are they going to make money?).

2 Likes

It looks like MailChimp isnā€™t processing the tags properly.

I personally would not choose to use MailChimp for transactional emails, since any email that has been sent can be accessed by anyone who manages to get into the MailChimp account (even a rogue MailChimp staff member) which isnā€™t ideal for a bank. I would have thought Dozens would use their own MTA, since itā€™s cheap to set up and much more secureā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I defer to your greater knowledge there!

2 Likes

Anyone else have issues getting the scan on your id :thinking: wouldnt pick mine up for some reason

Yup, it seems a little temperamental

My first attempt was rejected, Iā€™ll try again tomorrow.

Yes it picked up my name, but put my middle name in the first name field :woozy_face: Although Iā€™m not sure there is much to do about that, since some people have two first names, without hyphens.

Monzo had teething problems with verification back in the day too, thatā€™s the problem with creating something from scratch. You never know how itā€™ll behave until us humans get our hands on it :grinning:

3 Likes

Iā€™m on their waiting list, interested to see what they have built. Seems pretty cool that theyā€™ve (judging on screenshots) built roundups and IFTTT before launch.

8 Likes

Just signed up - identify document wasnt detected correctly first time for me either (driving licence) and same issue of email received without clickable links but otherwise seamless onboarding

You automatically become a member once you open an account with them. I have their free account, transfer Ā£1000 in and straight back out to meet the requirements to open a 5% savings account with them. It closes after a year and you get your interest paid then. But you just reopen it straight away, same high interest. Iā€™m on my third year, third savings with them now. They are a great bank, definitely worth it.

1 Like

Really tempted to sign up just for the 5% savings. Just worried if the bank goes down Iā€™ll lose my money. Also worried about opening multiple accounts :confused:

If youā€™re worried I would look towards Marcus (Goldman Sachs offering for a saving account) as that is much safer

It has a much lower interest rate. Iā€™d be looking at saving small amounts as I donā€™t have that much money in the first place :laughing:

I joined the waiting list just before Christmas but havenā€™t received anything about signing up - should I just join now via the App? I donā€™t want to lose the bonus for joining though :frowning: the savings account looks really good though.

1 Like

Ah fair enough, from what I can find out the bond is held in trust so it should not be too risky

1 Like

Ok, awesome, thanks!

Iā€™d be using Dozens as only a saving account - would this be fine? I donā€™t usually like transferring between banks too much.

Thatā€™s literally what my plan is so hopefully itā€™ll be fine :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Their recent Instagram posts states that they are FSCS protected (up to Ā£50,000) so it would be fine - although I canā€™t find anything else other than the Instagram post to suggest the protection

1 Like