Nationwide chat

Thank you, I will take a look at them as SIPGate hold my number for free but recording costs money. I obviously didn’t do enough research into VOIP Services when I was looking for one

2 Likes

Frustration wasn’t directed at your suggestion but rather Nationwide’s (un)helpful ways.

In the end the DocuSign form seems to have worked, I now have the last missing card on its way to me

3 Likes

I know. I just didn’t know what to suggest, and you made a fair point.

1 Like

Trying to apply for FlexPlus, alas…

Always good to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

The hamsters that power their servers must be needing a rest :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I was gonna say maybe they need to hire more hamsters :smile:

2 Likes

Elon: Any lazy hamsters not willing to run on a wheel 24/7 will receive three months severance :joy:

6 Likes

Call them, they can do it over the phone

That online setup hurts my eyes.

2 Likes

Nationwide has the worst online banking interface/systems of all the banks I’ve seen

3 Likes

Yeah their online banking is very very dated. Hopefully eventually they bring it in line with the main website branding which is actually very nice.

2 Likes

NatWest. Barclays. Co-op. All are worse.

1 Like

If it’s the same as RBS then it’s miles better even the pages that haven’t been revamped. More intuitive and useful

1 Like

I actually quite like the Nationwide online banking. Granted, it’s not the most modern looking, but it’s pretty feature rich. For the few times a year that I need to use that rather than the app, it’s pretty functional - no complaints from me!

5 Likes

And app has been improving. And there is new functionality. For example the home screen “other” things at the bottom of the page do open useful things that are pre authenticated, which is easier than desktop version.

Doing apply for new savings and what not is very modern via the app.

So things that have new style web forms are nice. Most of apply and mortgage portal for example.

The account views are basic but functional and simple to use.

I like the set of products that they offer too. Very well rounded set of things under one roof.

1 Like

especially their online banking site, it’s horrid

3 Likes

Without a doubt. When I joined Nationwide I was excited, the idea of a building society without the moral ambiguity that I was trying to avoid with other banks. But then when I begun to use it the online provision for the FlexDirect which is the “online only” account they offer. (In reality it seems it’s just an account that you open online, it’s not a “fintechy” account by any means :sweat_smile:)

The app however is good and I like the design layout and general usability of it. Ended up moving my usage to another though just because of how long it took for transactions to appear and be deducted etc. As I’m basically cashless now that’s an important thing for me.

2 Likes

The app is okay, aside from it constantly opening to a blank splash page or a “something has gone wrong and the app needs to restart” message which then sits there spinning for ages, until I give up and force quit it. Aside from that, it’s fine.

1 Like

A hint of some improvement to come.

5 Likes

you will start to need your card reader less

Good.

1 Like