N26 Discussion

It was a one off… if you go by the rest of the posts about it.

At the moment… it seems to be slow progress, I’m hoping Apple Pay and Moneybeam will roll out here… (hoping)

2 Likes

has anyone got DD taken out of Thier N26 account yet? I have on two occasions and for some reason they don’t come out until 9am, is this the norm for them or is it just me?

Doesn’t inspire confidence.

I am basically not using the account - not sure if it’s worth keeping it open.

I’ve noticed a review of the extra’s from the Metal account here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/01/22/are-the-travel-benefits-of-online-bank-n26s-metal-card-worth-having/

(Not sure if this has been posted)

Travel insurance that requires use of the debit card for it to be valid isn’t worth it in my opinion.

3 Likes

Yep. My card will sit in the drawer until there’s some point in using the account.

1 Like

Not a particularly incisive review. States it concentrates on the travel aspect of Metal membership, then doesn’t bother to read the travel insurance policy.

1 Like

True - I did think that when I read it.

2 Likes

I don’t think their operator’s know anything about the company…
I basically signed up for metal card in Dec.
I went online chat today to ask when my first payment will come out for the metal… the dude said sometime next month but not sure when.
What sort of a reply is that

2 Likes

The operator did not even know how to sign up for free lounge access that I get from metal card…
Then after all, I googled etc and it’s false advertising…it’s not free.
It’s 15 pounds per head and you have to register your metal card on a website before hand

1 Like

Where did they advertise lounge access was free?

Just checked says paid access

1 Like

When the metal came out, I was one the first one to sign up…it was advertised as free access to lounge…

1,605 posts in this thread so far, and I can’t recall reading anything positive. Must be a first…:flushed:

4 Likes

I love their metal card…not that I am going to use any of their benefits…but it looks good.
Also only problem is if you tap the card more than 3-4 times…only small amounts…then it starts getting declined…you have to use chip and pin after that…
The online operator’s don’t know why that is…they say it’s up to master card…but then again I use Monzo like 15 plus some times in a day and never had any problems with touch

But does that mean, Punit, that you’ll be be paying monthly nonetheless?

1 Like

Yeha pretty much…I am not going to cry over 15 pounds or something every month. I waste far more money on other things that I don’t even want

2 Likes

They also told me the same on chat a while back. Looked into it further and turns out they were wrong.

1 Like

Is anyone else interested in, or uses the We Work option in N26? (Or We Works’ own offering?)

I see that you can get 1 day / month under the membership working (or booking conference space) in any location - which sounds decent enough given I’d work from a coffee shop and spend more in coffee now and again.

Looking at WeWork, their actual version of this benefit costs $45/mo for 2 visits (vs £15 for 1).

Anyone use it / likely to?

£4 cheaper. Is it really worth it?

Well, you also get a metal card, travel insurance and purchase protection that all come with the metal subscription. Personally don’t see the value for myself, but if you are someone who could benefit from the WewWork offer, plus making use of the travel insurance, the offer might not look bad at all.