N26 Discussion

Anybody using N26 have any issues this last day?

A bank transfer, although shows on my statement as sent, failed yesterday (my balance was re-credited) and payment at Amazon which had cleared (as it is on its way) was charged again today and Amazon support state that it actually failed yesterday but I’ve actually been double charged. Curious if anyone else has had any issues.

@Chapuys nope, no issues for me. Did a bank transfer and used it in Sainsbury’s and a cheeky Greggs pasty

Used it again today in Fenwicks with no issues

1 Like

Quick question sorry for going off topic a little bit. To activate the card do I have to take out money at an ATM or will a balance check do?

A balance check is all i did, so that works :slight_smile: was a bit scared putting my metal card in but all good in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are humongous in Europe, with more customers than Monzo.

Are they UK ready now? No.

Have the fudged their UK launch for whatever reason? Yes.

Will they likely establish themselves as a viable option in the UK this year? Probably

I wouldn’t worry about trusting them though :smiley:

1 Like

N26 customer service is in English so you can communicate with them in App or of the App is blocked, you could email them a complaint. They have the same 8 week reply time as any UK company would. If you need to take the complain forwards you can still complain to the UK Financial Ombudsman about them as you would any bank.

This is taken right from the N26 UK terms and conditions.

A17.1.2 If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can refer this, free of charge, to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is an independent expert in settling complaints between consumers and financial services providers. You can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, visit their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk, email them at complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk or call them on 0800 023 4567 (0300 123 9123 from mobile phones).

Yes, they are protected by the German Deposit Guarantee Scheme operated by the Enschädigungseinrichtung deutscher Banken GmbH, and not the UK based Financial Services Compensation Scheme, but I hardly feel it would be any harder to submit a claim to them than to the UK regulator as all the information needed to claim is on the Entschädigungseinrichtung website.

In the end N26 is in the same financial position, if not a much better one than Monzo currently are, so it is all hypothetical talking about it failing.

1 Like

So i take it you didnt trust Monzo at the start when it couldnt accept DD’s or have BAC’s paid in to it, and when it was a prepaid card.

Well I’m very disappointed with them and I’m now trying to cancel my account with them.

Signed up Mid-November and they’ve still not managed to send me a debit card and not had any correspondence from them to tell me why. Although they’re sending me emails reminding me to activate it.

Spoke to, I suspect, a chatbot, in online chat and they said it’s was ‘rejected at destination’ which I suspect means there was no-one in to sign for it but no ‘we missed you’ card or option to get it redelivered or collect from somewhere else.

Tried to cancel my account in the online chat, and apparently I need to complete a form (which asks for my card number…) and email it back to them. No option to do it in app or online. If security is an issue, which is easier to fake? Login into the app on your phone (with biometrics/face ID/PIN) or sending an email with a fake return address in someone else’s name…?

So, I’ll stick with Starling and Monzo. I only went for the standard (not metal) account just because I like to see what options other banks have. But at least in the UK, it doesn’t look like N26 offer anything significantly different from the other two anyway.

Why? If you have a banking license that works in the UK what sense does it make to waste money getting a UK license? How does that make a company more or less trustworthy?

2 Likes

I managed to close my account in the chat without filling out that form

Everyone knows deal or no deal the UK will honor the current agreements when it comes to passporting of banking licenses. And please don’t trust cs agents, you get different answers from different agents all the time

I prefur to stick with uk banks no offence against other country’s but uk banks are the ones for me

Fair enough, just don’t pretend to have some rational reason for it

I aint pretending anything this is a community yeah so have some respect for people in here

Indeed everyone should respect each other here. Everyone is also entitled to have some kind of gut feeling that makes them mistrust an institution, but that kind of feeling not backed up by anything just doesn’t evolve the conversation

Saying “I dont trust N26 Bank due to not Having Direct Debits” is really a rational reason to say an entity is not trustworthy? Or that they don’t have a UK banking license? Is that by itself a reason not to trust them?

And remember, attack ideas, not people

I aint attacking anyone im saying i dont trust them that aint attacking them its my opinon if you dont like what i say they please dont reply to my messages

I have no issues with customer services, they have answered within a couple of minutes and their responses have been concise and to the point.

You do realise the big high street banks, freeze peoples accounts with money in for months at a time, without releasing it to the customer, if there are suspicions of fraud etc, so this isnt unique to N26 or any of the other fintechs…

Remember most people only post when things go wrong…

2 Likes

N26 just tweeted, to confirm they have launched BACS and direct debits. So they kept their promise,interesting, but monzo will be my main.account.

So far they offer:-
Google Pay
3D Secure or whatever it’s called
Faster Payments
Bacs payments
Direct Debits

4 Likes

This is good.

Unfortunately just the initial service hasn’t left me wanting to try them out much more. I do like the metal card, but not much else so far.

Hi Ben,

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your post to join the ongoing discussion about N26 :slight_smile:

Great to hear they have launched those features so soon after launch.

2 Likes