N26 Discussion

Agree 100%. It’s also worth having both a visa/MasterCard option where possible too

2 Likes

This, not sure why some people rely solely on fintech.

Like that example, what happens if you lose your card etc. I don’t see the big problem with post office deposits, just deposit in a legacy bank and transfer it to yourself.

I no longer bank with Monzo or Starling, and my legacy bank is First Direct. But I will definitely try N26, I quite enjoy using them abroad.

1 Like

Slightly off topic but one of the reasons why I have an RBS account is the emergency cash feature. Hassle prevention…

I’m planning on using N26 as my spending card and for most if not all online purchases so at least that way if it is compromised in anyway I’ll get notifications. I know I can already get that with Monzo but would rather use that for my main DD processing account especially as you get notified in advance. I’ll use my other legacy accounts to stash cash in for emergencies and other stuff

3 Likes

True, but it will sell if the benefits are worth it.

Revolut has something like 80,000 members paying 12.99 for metal, a month.

The current message from N26 is an alert to those who’ve registered interest that they’ll be contacted shortly to proceed with on-boarding. Meanwhile it’s internal roll-out for staff and families…

1 Like

Can you let them know so I move one up in the queue please and thank you

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

These soft rollouts seem to be de rigeur these days. Chip has taken it to a whole new level though.
N26 doesn’t even seem to have updated their website properly yet.

1 Like

Straight from the N26 UK press release.

3 Likes

Not sure what, in my summary, was at odds with that extract you’ve used, but, in fact, I didn’t use the email to which you refer, in any case.

2 Likes

Honestly, N26 support was my second worst customer support experience after revolut. They charged me a 10€ “administrative fee” out of the blue and when contacting support via chat, they just kept giving me made up explanations as to what it might be, then almost an hour into it they asked me if I wanted them to access my account to look into it…

So they were talking to me for almost an hour trying to just make me give up and go away? Without any actual data? And I got moved to a “supervisor” since apparently only a supervisor can ctually look into costumer data. Kind of reminds me of PayPal where the first 2 or 3 people you talk to can’t do anything for you and are just there to waste your time

Eventually after finally seeing my account they reached the conclusion that yes, it might have been some mistake and said they would issue a refund.

Almost two weeks after and with no refund received, I contacted them again, this time via email and they said they would issue the refund immediately as it had not gone through the first time for some reason they didn’t disclosed. As a result I immediately received TWO refunds for the full amount, so I got 10 euros out of it.

I would normally give them a heads up that I received the refund twice, but after the awful experience and given the fact that probably they would mess up again and take from me both refunds or something similar, I just left it as it is. They didn’t worry much when it was me that was out the money, so I don’t see reason to worry now that the situation is reversed

From the fintechs I use, Transferwise is the only that has been absolutely stellar so far when it comes to support, tough I don’t quite like their multiple fees for pretty much anything and everything

2 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Compliance

Anyone at all received an invite yet?.. :confused:

So far, just an email to all those who registered their interest.

2 Likes

Fintech is so painfully slow, isn’t it!

I wouldn’t expect anything for a good few weeks, if that. Meet back here in November?!

N26 certainly seems to have been coming for donkeys’ years. Hope it’s worth the wait…

Where does “donkeys’ years” come from incidentally…??:thinking:

2 Likes

Rhyming slang would be my guess - donkey’s ears = years. Then it morphed a bit over time.

1 Like

Legacy worse!

1 Like

N26 are an interesting proposition. The app looks more professional than Monzo. I thought I’d miss the merchant logos but I really don’t. They have more credibility than most challenger banks.

Tempting, but I don’t see a proper reason to jump just yet.

Yes, I’d be surprised if its sooner…

2 Likes