Monzo Current Account Counter

Yeah, they work very nicely :slight_smile: we just need more numbers

450k CAā€™s is pretty good

1 Like

I think @kez is going win! My prediction was based on the recent growth rate but I didnā€™t factor in that youā€™d be giving the last pre-paid users a big shake to upgrade a couple of weeks before the end or risk being terminated. That will surely bump it up from 3-5k a day to 4-6k a day! :smile:

@beths if I ask really nicely would you be able to give us an update on the number of prepaid accounts left? Please please please :yum:

3 Likes

@BethS I know that you said you had forgotten how to access this but there must be someone who knows how to. Or is this not a part that Monzo wishes to be transparent?

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Weā€™re planning on announcing all the relevant numbers afters April 4th, when the upgrade window officially closes. Until then, weā€™re focussing on getting as many folks as possible onto the current account.

So weā€™ll have a bigger update to share then. Stay tuned!

9 Likes

Is there anywhere you can see the take up of customers by UK region? Im interested to see where the majority of accounts are based. I assume London and within the confines of the M25?

Im in Scotland and am trying my best to promote Monzo, but people here just look at me like im trying to con them or somethingā€¦

1 Like

They had a map for this at the last open office last week. They are now at the point where you can make out the entire coastline just by the Monzo customers

2 Likes

You havenā€™t said why you wonā€™t release numbers till then? Why is that?

NDA

:joy: just kidding this is not ApplePay

1 Like

I suspect that it is commercially sensitive.

1 Like

Genuinely thought there for a second Danny had returned!

3 Likes

A bit of simple maths makes the number of prepaid card users still well over 100,000.

My calculation based on previous released figures is around 126,360 prepaid users left. However this figure could be offset by an unknown margin because new current account users might not be former prepaid users and the two different times of the day that the previous known figures were released.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Edinburgh and the person in front of me at the local shop paid with a Monzo card the other day. A few people who own or work in some cafes and sandwich shops I go to had also heard of Monzo and seen the cards at least as far back as last September. So itā€™s not unknown here, but probably not like in east London!

Where are you in Scotland? On of the cities?

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Greenock. Unfortunately itā€™s one of those places where itā€™s very old school and embracing new things takes a lot of convincingā€¦ I dread to think what would happen if Uber ever tried to get an operating licence here! :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

out of interest when is the Live current account numbers list updated it shows - 10/03/2018 - 461,189 but as of 19.00 10/03/2018 the actual number is 464,547 - some 3000+ from the stated number

As far as I know itā€™s about 7 oā€™clock in the morning or whenever Alex / Ben wake up :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, hard one to estimate really with the limited data.

Selection_932

Looks like weā€™ll probably get somewhere between 140-150k prepaid users remaining at the end.

That purple point is an estimation of the prepaids before Christmas, based on the number of prepaids on the closure date minus the number of CA signups (canā€™t use prepaid closure date, as early on the CA was very gradually rolled out which would skew it). Hard to determine the best point exactly though as it doesnā€™t seem like Monzo announced when new users could sign up.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in East London, and am struggling to convince people not to use Monzo :wink:

2 Likes

I try to get the OP updated early in the morning, hopefully before the post in the UK. I generally update it around 7am during the week and 9am on weekends though it does vary.

5 Likes