Monzo - ATM fee chat

if you don’t withdraw more than £200 every 30 days everybody has this “free” facility - if you withdraw more than £200 every 30 days you and all others that use that facility pay 3% or am I missing something ?

2 Likes

no it isn’t - you pay tax on a variable scale according to how much you earn - similar to how much you use ATMs for cash withdrawals - if you only use up to £200 there is no tax to pay if you use more there is more tax to pay

1 Like

an individual withdraws £200 and they pay 0% as they are subsidized by other customers

a husband and wife withdraw £400 (which equates to £200 per person and hence an appropriate comparison) and pay 3% on £200.

were there no allowance it would be fairer as all would pay the same fee as the fee would be an equal percentage on both customer transactions.

But again, this is going off topic.

get two cards, one for the husband , one for the wife - everybody pays the same for the same facility :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@alexs @tomsr time to remove some of these posts out of this thread?

2 Likes

Having travelled a lot recently I’ve really had to keep this in mind not to be charged… I’m sure others have requested this already, but making the limit and how far down you’ve gone through it more visible would help :slight_smile:

I thought the way it was shown at the moment was pretty clear, it’s only a couple of taps to see it

I’m right in thinking you have to go into your limits page?
I’d like it to be part of the welcome note
Welcome to Macedonia - you have £28 of your £200 limit remaining before you hit the 3% charge
Or even under the total at the top when you’re away
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think someone had a rather brilliant idea recently :wink:

4 Likes

It also appears within the transaction screen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.