Labs Feedback: Summary šŸ“Š

Well when I remove it from the pot itā€™s because I paid the rent, so it would go into bills spending - unless i misunderstood what you meant?

I like the new spending summary but I think it takes too much influence from ā€˜one-offā€™ purchases otherwise Iā€™m a bit confused about how it deems that I will ā€œrun out of moneyā€.

For example, last pay-day I transferred a large sum into my Monzo account and used that money to then pay off a holiday Iā€™d been saving up for. Has this somehow affected itā€™s predictions?

Not to get in too much detail but I have 17 days left until my next payday and I have by my standards a large amount of money in my account.

Going off the previous month, Iā€™m well under my average daily spend so shouldnā€™t it be predicting that Iā€™m in good shape?

Iā€™d suggest you use eating out and focus on adding more important categories (i.e. an income category) that are missing from the list.

No reason to not do both :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey Jeremy,

Out of interest, how would you use the Income category within Summary?

Right now we separate out inbound transfers and salary payments into Income section.

Would use to separate what actually is an income payment and what isnā€™t. Currently you would have to clarify under an expense category which skews that categoryā€™s actual expenditure, doesnā€™t it?

Iā€™m not sure if this has been said before, but I keep getting notifications that I have passed my spending limit for the entire month on every purchase, when I have switched on Monzo Labs and I am still within budget. Is this a problem or have I done something wrong in the app?

So I can now see upcoming direct debits under ā€œcommitted spendingā€. Thanks muchly @Jami and team! :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

I have four with precise values (due ā€œTodayā€) but nothing on anything for later in the money.

Thoughts:

• I was confused to see these transactions labelled as coming out today. I thought that direct debits came out on the early hours - should this say tomorrow?
  • I didnā€™t expect to see direct debits for later in the month in the list (itā€™s my first month of DDs through Monzo so previous values / frequency would be unknown) but I wonder if these would be expected to be there in the future (with estimated values)?
  • I find the light grey / black distinction for paid / unpaid commitments slightly unclear.
  • I keep trying to tap on the light grey transactions for more detail (e.g. An explanatory note that the transaction values have been received from the merchant but not yet processed; the estimated payment date and time, the usual previous transactions etc)
  • I found myself wanting to total up the commitments that Iā€™ve already paid and, separately, how much is about to go out. Thereā€™s no easy way to do that. If you could total both sets of transactions (and then sum both) within the Committed Spend breakdown screen, thatā€™d make me happy.
  • I still donā€™t really trust the dial, so Iā€™m looking at the bits down the bottom (primarily committed spend). But when I have more confidence in it, I think itā€™ll be a useful at-a-glance tool.

Just as an aside, Iā€™m impressed with how quickly and openly youā€™re iterating this. Keep up the good work! :+1: :monzo:

3 Likes

Think it will be Tuesday before the money gets taken with the weekend and bank holiday in the way.

1 Like

Hey Scott,

Youā€™ve not done anything wrong, those notifications are still looking at your old Targets from Spending V1 - if you opt-out of summary you can disable the targets, if it helps. Next week weā€™ll roll out targets for Summary, so youā€™ll be able to edit them there. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I can see only 1 of my DDs under Committed Spending but its also not showing the prettified Name/Logo.

1 Like

Hey Direct Debits arenā€™t fully integrated yet, you might see some WIP - but for now DDs will count under Spending once they happen.

Think this has been mentioned before a few times, but I think it would be good to be able to get more information about the dial. eg you tap it to open a new window that breaks down how it working
Eg
total balance at beginning of month =
committed expenditure for month =
Usable money in account for month =
You have spent X so far this month
money remaining for month =
Therefore you have X to spend per day if you dont want to go overdrawn.

Above has not had a lot of thought! but hopefully you get the idea. The problem it would solve is for all those people that either dont understand it, or dont understand why it is how it is, or just want to understand how it works.

4 Likes

Amazing thanks Jami

A question answered 9 hours before I ask it makes for an easy conversation, thanks!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s something I donā€™t like about the line ā€œIt looks like you will run out of moneyā€. It feels a little, presumptuous. Maybe swapping the word ā€œwillā€ for ā€œmayā€ will succumb my petty annoyance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Ive taken it as a challenge to prove it wrong. No donut is going to tell me what to do :grin:

8 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I would prefer to not see the other categories which arenā€™t in use. Currently they are greyed out, but think it would be more aesthetically appealing without them!

7 Likes

New to Monzo as of about 2 weeks, but what got me into this was the ability to really track my spending.

Monthly tracking is great, but as I get paid around the 26th of each month, Iā€™d like the ability to be able to track from pay cheque-to-pay cheque without trackers resetting on the 1st of every month.

Itā€™s a simple addition that is hopefully on its way! Iā€™ve discussed with friends and this is the main feature keeping some of them away from joining, and others away from continuing to use Monzo!

:wave: hi

Have you signed up to (more like toggled to activate) Monzo Labs feature? It does exactly this

Still in test phase so isnā€™t perfect yet, but it will be