Kroo Bank chat

Just installed and signed up.

Pet peeve - not properly localised for GB. “license” - eugh

Crashes if you don’t give contact access.

The atm limits are not clearly explained during signup

Verification pending, so we shall see.

Is Wirecard still a thing?!?

Kroo will be bought for its banking licence. By Revolut, or maybe N26.

3 Likes

They’ve got to become an actual bank 1st though, still on that journey to get fully licensed, restrictions placed upon them by BoE, just not read what they are yet.

Found the bits I was looking for about the restrictions

2 Likes

Not sure I’ve got the energy to want to open a prepaid debit card account. Won’t be one I’m trying anytime soon I don’t think. Wait and see what the actual current accounts look like when they go live.

Please. :pray:

4 Likes

I opened only because it’s bank to be service :thinking::bank:
Otherwise I wouldn’t bother too :unamused:

1 Like

This level of detail isn’t part of signup

2 Likes

UI is fine on my :android: 10 :relieved:

Transfer pics :grin:

:one:st time payment to a new contract

Add friends

Once I received a payment, it shows sender’s sort code and account number (unusual in UK) :thinking:

I didn’t like that transaction date is in American way as it’s confusing. Should be in British :uk:

4 Likes

All them emoji in the app, are they sponsored by you :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Of course, that’s why I joined Kroo :smile_cat:

2 Likes

August 2021 newsletter from Kroo :relaxed:

An interesting mix of countries that it won’t work in, including Iceland which surprised me.

Anyone know why?

1 Like

It’s (probably) mainly in EU :eu:

In most other samples online I don’t see challenger banks in sample lists very often :thinking:

Looks like Kroo is a big :monzo: fan, I guess :grin:

3 Likes

I see Monzo’s logo and their card everywhere on these sorts of things.

1 Like

Kroo has its banking licence.

It has plans to imminently launch a current account, and leapfrogs front runners Tandem and Atom in doing so. I don’t know if Kroo has achieved this quicker than Revolut, but that company seems to be stuck in its plans to convert to a full bank.

I still think Kroo simply might not reach critical mass, and end up being bought by N26 so it can re-enter the UK market, or some other European bank, like Lunar or bunq.

4 Likes

I closed my Kroo mouths ago as it was nothing new / very useful for me in their basic app functionality :expressionless:

1 Like

Nice to see a new kid on the block.

Managed to open a pre-paid account yesterday just before they pulled the plug on those accounts. Card arrived within 2 days. All good.

Just 24,400 others ahead of me for the upcoming current account. :flushed:

3 Likes