Introducing our new neon cards! šŸ‘€

But surely not ā€˜everyone they knowā€™ will have actually opened a Monzo account (if they have, these people are amazing salespeople!). How often does it happen you recommend something to your friends and they ALL do it?

1 Like

Recommend and moved are not same thing.

If all these people moaning are so desperate theyā€™ll find two people.

1 Like

Which is why i also said

ā€œso there will be plenty of people who are unable to get anyone else to move to Monzo.ā€

Well this is all very fun to watch.

8 Likes

I was fortunate to know about these prior to launch with a handful of other people.

Never did I think they would be given out for free at (what I imagine) would be a huge cost to Monzo. There was always going to be some strings attached, be it this refer a friend bit or a fee to pay.

I think itā€™s pretty reasonable to ask for 2 friends.

What is even more commendable is that theyā€™re giving a whole load of these completely free to us guys without needing to refer anyone.

20 Likes

Really sucks about how it appears to work for premium members, we shouldnā€™t have to pay Ā£50 for a new metal card when the neon expire in my opinionā€¦. Thatā€™s me not choosing to get the neon card, but we probably arenā€™t the target audience here as community members this promo will incentivise new or more passive customers to refer I guess ā€¦. If the colours ever make their way to metal or the rules change re getting a new metal once expiredā€¦ Iā€™m in !

1 Like

Are you still sending our batches of notifications? What if the notification is dismissed, can it be accessed again from somewhere in the app? Still havenā€™t got one.

Donā€™t worry I still havenā€™t got my notification, I donā€™t think anyone else has either

2 Likes

I havenā€™t either. Iā€™m hoping we get them soon, and delivery is quick. I would LOVE to get my new card before I go on holiday VERY soon!

I think these folks are the ones theyā€™ve tried to capture with the community gesture, which was an amazing thing to do btw.

I can understand the tilt tho, not everyone who has done that will use these forums. And I think the idea of having to pester and refer people just puts them off. Itā€™s not quite the same when itā€™s not organic. It starts to feel MLM, and folks donā€™t really like that.

In my group of friends, almost all the time. Weā€™re tech loving early adopters of all sorts! If one person finds a cool new thing and loves it, the rest of us try it too (although Iā€™m still not signing up for a tiktok account). I think itā€™s because we donā€™t really recommend things or refer, or pester. We just share things we like.

4 Likes

Same here! Iā€™m highly looking forward to it. Iā€™m stuck between yellow or pink

1 Like

Iā€™m going for GREEN!

I canā€™t decide between green and yellow but Iā€™m holding out deciding until I know if they are embossed or blank on the front.

4 Likes

I do like the green one!

Yellow!

Thatā€™s what Iā€™d get. Iā€™ll be keeping my plus one though. Itā€™s still my favourite.

21 Likes

Lewis youā€™ve been smashing it with these!

@N26throwaway I was TeamGreen but the yellow has started to sway me.

5 Likes

Iā€™m definitely getting one. I donā€™t care about embossing, but I do care about having to update places where I have my card number storedā€¦ did the ā€œauto-tell the vendorsā€ thing come online in the end, or do we have to do it all manually still?

Sorry if I misunderstood the leadup yesterday but I thought the words ā€œnew featureā€ were used with regards to the announcement.

Card isnā€™t of interest to me, Iā€™m happy with the one I have, but I was quite looking forward to some new feature(s)? I may have misunderstood.

2 Likes

For vendors that support it, yes this works. I think thereā€™s a wiki for it somewhere with a list of those who do.

This is the sort of thing keeping me on plus though, the virtual cards, keeps my online numbers totally separate from the physical card.

Edit: not a wiki, but I think Iā€™m thinking of this: