Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

That’s cool! I’ll stop requesting a higher limit now :joy:

2 Likes

Just been away for a while using 3 different hotels and a hire car.

Have to say, the Flex physical card has made my life so much easier - previously I would use my AMEX on the booking to prevent the auth holds/deposits impacting my balance, then at checkout/drop off I would ask them to change the card on the booking to my Monzo debit to avoid fx fees.

Being able to use my Flex card and just pay it off in full once it’s settled has just made everything so much better!

Only bit of feedback is that I’d love to be able to add Flex payments to a shared tab. I was splitting these costs with my wife so I had to add them to the tab manually once settled.

16 Likes

Enhancements request?
For receipts you can only take a photo or add one from your library. Can we be allowed to paste one in? Then I can use the Copy & Delete option so my photo library isn’t cluttered up with screenshots.

10 Likes

This is where I want to use paste:

11 Likes

Save to Photos, then Choose From Library

You can’t add receipts IF you bought on the Flex card directly though, which is a bit mad honestly

3 Likes

What’s the max Flex limit? Is it £6,000?

Yes, £6,000 is the most they’ll offer, currently.

Marketing page and FAQs still say £3,000, or can it increase once you’re a customer?

You have to be a Monzo customer (i.e have a Monzo account) to get Flex.

The amount is determined by their assessment of your creditworthiness. Like all banks nobody knows the criteria for this but a good start will be your credit report - don’t take it literally though. Monzo are without a doubt layering other things to consider into this.

Right, but I’m saying the published max limit is £3,000 so not sure where the £6,000 figure quoted above is from, unless the £3,000 is what they offer you at first and they can go higher once you’ve used it for a while.

This. New customer is £3k, review is up to £6k.

1 Like

Is it?

I thought they originally launched with £3k then allowed more, so if you want more just request it in the app.

Yup, always has been.

You can review/apply for an increase up to £6k if you’re already a Flex user.

:point_up: this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Curious as to why you don’t you assess for the £6k from the outset instead of making you sign up and then request a limit increase?

1 Like

I dreamt last night that I could split my Flex transactions, and then I woke up :frowning:

I think part of Monzos internal scoring criteria is to see how you use your account, what comes in and what goes out, as opposed to a made up number from a credit agency. Obviously they need some months of data for this to offer higher limits.

1 Like

Mostly this :point_up: Although not quite as blunt as this:

as opposed to a made up number from a credit agency

:joy:

10 Likes

Makes sense, thanks both! :sweat_smile: