Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

I got the email too. I changed it by 1 day :rofl:

If you do change the date, you can’t change it for 6 months

4 Likes

You might have had it a while ago. I received this email ages ago and have been able to change mine for quite some time.

Staggered rollout I guess.

1 Like

Still wishing I was eligible :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Today I couldn’t pay for my car rental via Flex, due to what turned out to be (IMHO) bad UX design.

I gave my Flex card number to the lady over the phone, but it wouldn’t go through. I saw the above message on my app.

As I was on the phone with her, and had to read and decide quickly, this message to me implies Flex doesn’t work over the phone. The blue button text implies some sort of customer support would come up if I pressed it.
Not wanting to delay and keep her on the phone, I used a different card.

After the call, I tapped on that button to see what it did, and it took me to a screen that said I could authorise the transaction by tapping another button, then retry.

I think the first button should just say “Authorise transaction” so it’s clear you can do that from the first time you see the rejection, rather than a cryptic question which, in my understanding at the time, would take me to support options I did not have time to read while I was on the phone.

19 Likes

I have been using Flex for a few months now. Overall good product however one thing I dislike is that when you download the pdf statement, you do not get any information on what the payments where for. e.g. you get “you flexed a purchase” and the amount. Pdf statements are vital, e.g. for insurance companies, which may not accept app screenshots.

Also when you get refunds in a normal credit card it shows up in the app as a credit. Yet with Monzo flex the refund is buried within the flexed transaction and you see it in small print. I do not like this.

Other than that, great overall product.

3 Likes

Hey! Is there any update when this would be available? I’m using Flex as my credit card now, but it’s only let down by having to update every payment. Thanks :blush:

2 Likes

Send me a DM with the email associated with your Monzo account and I’ll see whether I can sneak you in to the test. No promises though!

3 Likes

Can I be snuck in? :joy: I missed both forms by like twenty minutes :sob:

Ping me your details and I’ll try :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

@TomMills can you sneak me into the “Add Flex Payments to Split Bills/Shared Tabs” trial too? :eyes:

1 Like

What trial is that?! :jack_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, I narrowly missed that one as well. Even though I was in the front of the queue… :thinking:

1 Like

omg it became an emoji and no one told us. So proud of my work

It just needs to become a reaction emoji instead of :eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

Just renewed my Open Banking connection to Monzo in my Emma app and, for Flex, it’s now showing my available credit as the actual account balance. Anybody else seeing this via Open Banking?

It could be an Emma issue so I’ve contacted them as well.

1 Like

Yep seeing the same on my Emma dashboard as well. Also breaks the balance calc as it thinks I have a positive balance with my CC!

2 Likes

Completely missed that :frowning_face:

I think this is the result of a change made off the back of some feedback from an open banking third party. It looks like the change didn’t quite behave as intended. I’m talking to the team that made the change now to see how we can fix this (whilst also addressing the feedback we received).

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response :blush:

Have you found a solution to this yet? I’ve just started a YNAB trial as haven’t used it for a few years, and hit the same issue.

2 Likes