Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

No limit but if we decline the auth it won’t reset the clock so we have some control.

5 Likes

Has editing instalment plan UX changed? I think it used to be static list of cards of months before, just like initial picker. But now it is a sliding scale and it includes options not previously available - i.e. 1 month increments from 1 to 12. I.e. 2 month interest free, and like 4/5/7/8/9/10/11 interest bearing ones. Sounds great as such fragments can help budget closer to expected income without doing manual extra payments to adjust things.

1 Like

Always been like that

4 Likes

Any way I can join? I totally missed this and I’d like to change my date because my salary date has changed (since I started a new job).

@TomMills I changed my payment date today to the second of each month. There’s some confusing messaging going on; also my May payment (which was due on 5 May) has now disappeared and instead my next payment is due on 2 June.

Does this mean that I effectively got an extra month interest free by changing my payment date? I just don’t want to end up with a missed payment due to some system gremlin!

From previous posts on here, I thought the next payment would be taken as normal; then any subsequent payments would use the new date.

Definitely not just you… Here’s my Apple Pay:

IMG_0724

2 Likes

Oo, glad I’m not alone! Interesting to see it happen with the Virtual flex card and the hot coral one too.

I thought it may have been my neon green card being problematic - that rules that out!!

Thanks for flagging, that’s a bug :bug:

The good news (for you anyway!) is your next payment is on 2nd June. It should be 5th May, and then move to 2nd from next month. The system isn’t expecting a payment today, so you won’t miss one.

We’ll work on a fix for that, but you can enjoy an extra month interest free! If you have any interest bearing plans you can use ‘Pay Extra’ to avoid any additional interest charges.

10 Likes

9 Likes

i know around new year time Monzo offered 2 plans interest free for a while.

anything like that on the horizon again soon ?

1 Like

You can have unlimited plans interest free for 3 months each.

The next promo (if one will come) would probably be next holiday season when people are more likely to spend.

5 Likes

I just noticed that the app doesn’t recognise that my flex card is already added to Apple Pay

Do you have another device with Apple Pay like an Apple Watch?

Got an email telling me about the Flex Credit Card and immediately went to sign up… but I failed the survey / credit check! :grimacing:

Not sure what went wrong? WIthout acting like a bigshot knob, I’m fairly sure my income shouldn’t be an issue, and my mortgage costs are very manageable.

This genuinely would have been a move back to Monzo moment for me as I’ve been wanting Bank for my current account and credit card for a very long time!

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, that may be it, I do have a watch. I’ll try add it to that and see if it goes away

Edit: Yeah, that fixed it.

1 Like

If you DM me your email - I can take a look at the reason for you.

2 Likes

I had zero chances with anything credit related with Monzo. Once my salary started going in, three pays and I became eligible for all three credit options.

Monzo seem quite keen on the “full Monzo” aspect for some people. Might be useful to go full Monzo first and leave it a few months for options to open up.

3 Likes

It’s a bit chicken and egg.

I very likely would go “full Monzo”, but I want the credit card before I commit to switching as the process is pretty non-trivial!

3 Likes

Just get paid into Monzo and then pay yourself back to your main account.

5 Likes

Flex credit card…is this something new?

1 Like