Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

Exactly as Revels said.

You’d see these three initial transactions if you’re using your debit card.

Using the Flex card directly only attaches to the Flex card until you either choose a plan or a plan is chosen (if you don’t pick one, it defaults to 12 months, or the lowest possible).

Then it’ll only show the first payment.

2 Likes

Ok great….thanks for the responses

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of

Clicking the transaction in my main account and then it would expend showing further details of the flex ?
Not a real issue anyway as I was just messing with the flex function.

1 Like

This would be nice, but for transparency it’s probably easier for some to have all visible on what’s going on. Flex will show in this format.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using the Flex virtual card with Emirates to book flights? I get a message from Emirates stating that the booking cannot be completed as the card provider has declined the payment however the Monzo app doesn’t show any attempt of payment. No notifications, no messages of declined payment from Monzo.

1 Like

Sounds like a merchant acceptance issue vs a Monzo issue.

If you raise this via chat they’ll investigate and check everything is up to date :pray:t3:

No need to raise via chat - i’ll pass directly to Mastercard :slight_smile:

12 Likes

In app it says I’m pre approved for £3,000, going to set it up now, excited to give it a go!

Clear score keeps telling me to get a credit card to improve my score, will flex help in the same way?

2 Likes

Yep it’s a line of credit which will show on your credit reports. Use it responsibly and it’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I most likely won’t use it much but thought it would be easier/quicker than getting a CC.

I had quite a bit of CC debt in my younger years so always hesitant when it comes to credit, I don’t have any debt anymore though.

1 Like

To be fair, ClearScore keeps telling you to get a credit card because it gets a referral fee when you take one out via its recommendation.

4 Likes

I had something similar…

Tried to book some theatre tickets and kept being declined…even though nothing was appearing in monzo app

Something about how the theatre company processes the debit…
Didn’t really understand the concept, but had to use a normal cc

Just used flex to buy the Mrs some AirPods 3, experience is great, simple and quick. Perfect. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

How long do you have to choose a plan before it reverts to the default 12 instalment plan?

I’ve used the flex card with Turkish Airlines and worked perfectly

Sauce: Monzo Help - Choosing a plan for Monzo Flex

3 Likes

As above, by the end of the next calendar day. :blush:

If you don’t have enough funds available it may take you into an unarranged overdraft.

1 Like

Any fees associated with that?

Would imagine whatever the daily OD rate would be

I set up a Monzo Flex account a few months ago (have flexed a few things) but haven’t received any updates on my credit files (Experian, Trans Union and Equifax), has this been your/other peoples experience? My Monzo overdraft was also increased and shows on my credit file.

1 Like

There’s no fees, but unarranged overdrafts come with a 39% EAR interest rate, charged daily, deducted on 1st of each month.

1 Like