Help us test setting a default plan for Flex šŸ‘€

I go on holiday next Saturday the 8th if that would be possible! :pray:

3 Likes

Tomorrow :sob: 10:45 flight :eyes:

4 Likes

Gutted I missed this, I really need to sort notifications. The option to use flex as a credit card is something Iā€™d very much welcome!

2 Likes

Yikes. Donā€™t think I can help on the feature, but have a great holiday!

5 Likes

Nothing to add except to say that Iā€™d love to see this feature. Flex is great but the barrage of notifications and needing to manually decide what to do after every payment is not ideal

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait for this to be rolled out either. Itā€™s probably my main, if not only, bugbear with Flex. Missing out on the early access actually spurred me to get notifications set up for posts, so fingers crossed I donā€™t miss out on any other gems.

3 Likes

Agree with the others here, looking forward to this feature rolling out soon. Resisted getting the physical card until now, but having recently got a bigger limit and being able to finally tweak my payment date (forward by 1 day!) I now feel that these features make my Flex card equal to my existing credit card in all ways.

Is there any further news on when this will be rolling out to all customers please?

Whatā€™s the status on this feature? Can you at least make it available as a lab that I can turn on? I am about to use the card for a few days and would rather avoid the completely unnecessary pain of having to select the instalment plan every timeā€¦

2 Likes

@TomMills is this feature separate to the new flex feed? Got access to the new feed but couldnā€™t see an option for default payment. :cry:

It was a small trial rollout, the launch will come eventually

1 Like

Weā€™re looking at the trial data at the moment, so Iā€™m hoping to be able to share next steps in the next couple of weeks :crossed_fingers:

16 Likes

Iā€™ve had it set to pay in full since I first got the feature, would like to be able to select pay in 3 though. :eyes: :eyes:

6 Likes

Morning folks.

Quick update on this - weā€™re rolling out defaults to everyone, starting this morning. Weā€™re spreading the roll out over a few days, and weā€™re aiming to finish early next week :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™ll close this thread when weā€™ve finished. Please share any feedback in the main Flex thread going forward :pray:

21 Likes

Tom, why is this another feature that Monzo have half-implemented? Itā€™s great to be able to set a default, but until the 0% pay in 3 option is one of the options, this feature is not finished and to be honest, not much use to anyone.

1 Like

Where does it say itā€™s finished?

Itā€™s useful to lots of people, as this thread demonstrates. 3 month default would be best and Monzo know thatā€™s wanted by lots of people.

5 Likes

Tom very clearly states that they are rolling the feature out, and once itā€™s rolled out he will close this thread. That is the feature being marked as ā€œfinishedā€ as far as Monzo is concerned when it clearly isnā€™t. There is absolutely no valid reason that the Pay in 3 option is not implemented from the get go. Youā€™re right that itā€™s wanted by lots of people, so why isnā€™t it done at the same time as the other options? Technically itā€™s doable, as they have the 24 month option. So is it a regulatory thing? Seems unlikely.

Have a read of the thread instead of just complaining and youā€™ll find the answer.

No it isnā€™t.

Nope itā€™s a business decision by monzo to not

We can be nicer to people who may not have the time to read through 97 posts in hope of finding something relevant.

There is indeed more than one valid reason. One is that the default for any credit card is ā€˜pay next monthā€™, so this is included as one option. Also, any other credit card has a minimum payment option you can set, and this is reflected by setting 12 months as another default option, so basically having these two as possible default options means Flex can function pretty much as a real credit card.

Now, a reason not to give a default option of 3 months is that it costs Monzo money when people do that, and as nice as they are, they also want to make money so they donā€™t want to make it too easy for people to cost them money, hence not allowing 3 months as a default option, although it is always available for manual selection.

8 Likes