General broadband discussion

It really as. Doubling internet speed is generous & doubling data just tops it off.

It means I don’t have to spend extra getting a high data plan as I can get a lower one as volt will double it

2 Likes

I’m just ditching my O2 SIM for a VM one, as it’s included in my package. Cost of living cutbacks…

2 Likes

I thought about joining vm for mobile but couldn’t find any valid offers that made it cheaper.

£16 100gb I think on their website.

Does anyone have HyperOptic? It just got installed in my building and looking for a referral code - £25 each off the bill. I checked on the referral wiki and there was nothing there so thought. I would ask here as broadband related.

Check the HyperOptic subreddit, there’s people that give out the codes

Cheers, was going to go there next but thought I would ask here first. Will give it a bit of time but then realistically go there later, no massive rush.

1 Like

its not a speed double… its a tier upgrade

1 Like

It’s actually both depending on what VM agent you speak to.

I’ve been offered the gig volt speeds if I took their 500m package with volt

1 Like

Double data for O2 unless on 250gb+ it’s changed to unlimited, and then yeah next speed upgrade to VM broadband.

Yeah that’s same here. The agent said I would get double we pay for 100mbps but now get 200.

I’m on 200Mb and get 350Mb on Volt. So not quite double. And the next tier would be 500Mb, so not even 50% more.

That’s what I did… managed to get them to upgrade me to M500 for £31 and then volt on top so Gig1 for £31 :wink: can’t complain with that

1 Like

Is anyone with Jurassic Fibre? They are building a FTTP network in my area (Weymouth) and I wondered if anyone has any experience of them?

Doesn’t look like BT Openreach will be installing FTTP anytime soon where I am, so Jurassic Fibre may be my only option for the foreseeable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?rh=n%3A21588265031&fs=true&ref=lp_21588265031_sar&fs=e&s=cl

Some eero discounts for Prime Day. £149 for 3.

Are they any good?

I have google wifi and I love it, but eero is highly rated if you’re looking to replace your standard supplied router and have full coverage around the house.

You’d need to check your modem can be put in modem mode, we have Virgin Media and their router has such bad feedback so we just replaced it from day 1 so no idea of the performance of it tbh :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have to setup VLAN ID as I’m using Vodafone fibre. I searched about Google mesh - not supported unfortunately. Currently using old Orbi mesh so looking for upgrade. Vodafone provided nice looking extender with Alexa… but their router/extenders are very limited… can’t even change Wi-Fi channels :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could just switch wifi off the main but apparently can cause some issues with some devices (can’t remember the technical terms).

I have an Eero, in fact two now. They’re so simple to set up that my dad managed it! The app is a bit basic, they’ve paywalled features that you might expect to be free and it was a bit iffy in my congested flat but much better in my new terraced house. Would recommend getting two routers if that will do you rather than the three pack as the extenders don’t have Ethernet ports at the back

1 Like

They paywall features? Which ones?