Freetrade Investment

Probably, depending on the valuation. I’ve invested in 3 rounds so far and they’ve certainly come a long way in the past year. I just need to see more of their plans on how they will monetise their product, currently the only revenue generator is an investment ISA.

I’m still crossing my fingers that Monzo will fully integrate with FreeTrade… and i’m pretty sure i’m not the only one who feels that way. @tom nudge :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This round is bad timing for me. Invested in two rounds previously, but will have to skip this one for two reasons. One is that I try and balance risk by keeping crowdfund holdings to a certain percentage of my overall holdings, and I’m pretty much at my limit. Two is that I don’t have the money to spare at the moment anyway (and when I do have money, it’s better used elsewhere due to point one).

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll likely be investing. A reasonable share price I’m expecting would be in the £1.50 to £2 region at in-and-around a £100m valuation. Any higher is fantasy land imho

1 Like
6 Likes

Aw man - I missed the previous 5! How are the numbers looking if you got in to the first one?

Previous Freetrade crowdfunding share prices

R5 July 2019 96p
R4 April 2019: 84p
R3 June 2018: 52p
R2 March 2017: 15p
R1 July 2016: 8p

Now at 150k users and added 50k since the start of February.

5 Likes

Will be upping my investment. Great opportunity, in my view.

Well now is your chance!

I will be topping up my investment. Have been very impressed with all that they do so far.

14th May 2020 calendar :spiral_calendar:

2 Likes

My money is on pricing in the £1.10-1.20 range.

Hi all,

I started a blog on equity crowdfunding investments and made a post on freetrade’s upcoming round here.. I’d be super grateful if you could spare a moment to check it out - please do let me know what you think :slight_smile: I hope the monzo community doesn’t mind this shameless plug! :grimacing:

Ofcourse, this is not investment/financial advice; please be mindful of the risks involved when investing in startup/scaleups.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Was tempted in the last round but decided not too. What’s everyones thoughts on it?

I always look at it using the risk:reward principle… at what point will FT go public or be sold… and what do i think that valuation will be at (roughly) point to note its usually a pretty poor guesstimate.

Then try to figure out what multiple of the money i’m looking at returning. For me… looking at competitors and the current round pricing i’d still be expecting a return of 20x… to me that’s almost a no brainer.

2 Likes

I like it. It’s a great fully functional product but unsure if a wide European expansion is the right use of money. The UK market is massive and I agree with Monzo’s thinking that the barriers to conquering Europe is higher than one might think.

Nonetheless will be topping up my investment from last year, I think they will be very successful.

Product for the UK can’t be that far from developed roll out of fractonals and expanding the stock listing there can’t be much left to do. For me it is then about next steps and opportunity. In comparison to monzo the market is more mature and competitive in America because of robinhood so maybe that is the reason for expanding across Europe

1 Like

I invested in rounds three and four. Am having to sit this one out, though. The timing of this round hasn’t worked out for me at all.

1 Like

You really reckon 20x investment in the end!?