First Direct chat

Nothing bad to report from CS here either in my time with FD. Had lots to report with HSBC and my compensation total is now £155 just from poor customer service.

A tip for you on the FD live chat - when Dot asks what you need help with just reply with “agent” and you’ll be put right through to a human :wink:.

3 Likes

Yes, or human. The self serve can be hard to use at times. But agent or human and it works out it’s done it’s thing and moves you right along to a real person.

1 Like

Oddly, I had this problem with HSBC too. I found it strange that FD was so much better since they’re owned by them.

2 Likes

I do that when using the phone CS.
Why are you calling?
Agent
Can you be more specific?
Agent
I’m not understanding your reply
Agent
I’ll just put you through to the next available representative

Android

1 Like

There’s dark mode on the FD app?

No I figured the poster poster must’ve been on Android because on iOS, even with dark mode enabled it works fine in chat.

No dark mode but for what it’s worth I really like the black on white contrast.

Not in the FD app but when your phone through settings goes to dark mode.

I can’t see this on iPhone, always had dark mode and the app is still bright white for me?

Yes this must be an android thing as I have the same.

Just opened account with First Direct. Applied in their application. Took a few minutes to open account (really improved since last time). Another 3-5 minutes to setup online banking/mobile app (security questions, 2 or 3 passwords, 1 email and 1 message to activate digital key). So I opened account, registered online banking and added debit card to Apple wallet without calling them. App really improved as well….

1 Like

You can still look forward to receive a large wad of paper through the door in a few days though :smile:

6 Likes

Happy first year anniversary to the “transaction notifications are coming soon” message :birthday:

6 Likes

Just one year? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

:joy: Was informed about delays… it can take up
to 7 working days to receive all paperwork:))) They are currently busy opening new accounts :slight_smile: Lots of people want to switch account for £175 and open a 7% savings account

1 Like

First Direct will never be Monzo or starling. Their app is very basic and agents messed up with the simplest of things such as amending a standing order and they wouldn’t do it right without messing up my accounts. I closed my FD account and moved to Monzo. FD will never get to where Monzo is so don’t worry monzolians :rofl:

FD’s CS is far better than Monzo’s. They answer chats swiftly and their call handlers are also competent in sorting out most questions on first touch. However, the fact that they don’t have notifications and they’ve promised this for years is poor and it’s unacceptable as they lie in saying its due very soon #JamTomorrow

3 Likes

It took them 5 weeks to sort out my credit card and also when I asked to change my standing order on my regular saver account the silly agents set it to ongoing and changed the date of my payment so I lost out on the 7% interest rate. They are incompetent. I have complained on a regular basis about simple things like this that should be available for us customers to amend (at least then we know we would do it right) . I will give them their due though since I joined up and complained multiple times… I got over £500 in good will gestures due to their mishandling of information and their screw ups. But I’ll never rejoin FD again. They don’t even have cheque imaging or “available after bills” like the parent company HSBC which you would think they would adopt some of their system updates. Also a lot of HSBC branches don’t take FD cards to pay money in as hsbc tech banks have now changed their visa machines to Mastercard meaning FD cards don’t allow you to pay money in and now hsbc banks are going digital it’s hard to now deposit. So another thing they haven’t done right.

Looks they offer cheque imaging… and you can pay in cash at Post Offices…
I’m using Monzo as main account as well. And I can’t deposit money at all (pay point is not an option)

1 Like

Ooh yeah.
Yeah I don’t like how Monzo charge to pay money in. But to be honest all my transactions are done via BACs, transfers and contactless payments so no biggy.

1 Like