✅ Dark Mode

Now IOS13 is here and the new look app is here too, Dark Mode is needed. Its now the brightest white app of all the apps on my phone.

1 Like

Dark mode would be awesome.
At the least, make the widget dark in dark mode. It’s the only one of my widgets that remains light in dark mode and sticks out like a sore thumb.

5 Likes

Widget? Widget? Count yourself lucky!

Sad Android

1 Like

Jailbroken iphone with Eclipse Dark Mode tweak set on Monzo :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hoping the hints are true and we see this released this week, the majority of my apps have now released there updates to include dark mode and Monzo is looking lonely in white at this stage.

1 Like

I’ve been checking daily to see if dark mode has been enabled… has anyone seen this confirmed by someone at Monzo or has it just been cryptically hinted?

Hinted at by a few people. I’d like native DM too but I don’t see it happening this week now. The Salary Sorter ‘issue’ yesterday probably forced a temporary change in direction for feature release thinking. Between now and when DM is released, my Pixel 2XL is happily forcing Dark Mode on the Monzo app…

We’ve not had a blog post from Tom about a big new thing this week either.

I wasn’t too bothered about whether Monzo adopted the Dark Mode UI before I upgraded to iOS13 but now like others have said, it does make the Monzo app stand out and not in a good way.

1 Like

With iOS 13 out, this is something that should be on the todo list.

1 Like

Yes please! Loving apples dark mode and would love to see Monzo be able to transition between light and dark like the apple apps now do.

OK, the new app isn’t bad. But it burns my eyes.

Is there a dark mode option. Because this will stop me checking my balance or making payments at night time.

My whole phone and all my regular apps have dark mode so Monzo is just a Retina burning lighthouse of an app now.

4 Likes

Just updated my app. First thing I tried was dark mode. No joy. :pleading_face:

Did that blog post from Tom ever come out? Can’t be sure if I missed it or it never materialised…

New app, new topic. Do not merge with a year old thread.

I’ve posted about needing a dark mode because the new app is bright white on the whole screen.

For the new app it’s not just a preference, it’s an accessiblity issue. It’s too bright.

1 Like

Making a new thread isn’t going to help get dark mode any faster. It’s already a suggested feature with a good number of votes by users.

2 Likes

Plus - is dark mode really ‘accessibility’ or just ‘looks cool’…

1 Like

It’s coming

Oh crap, it got merged…

2 Likes

If it was, it would be rolled out in the new app.

Unless Monzo state it’s coming somewhere then it’s not coming.

They replied to my tweet, so it’s coming

1 Like

Issue:

Screen too bright with new app. Lowest brightness setting on.

Can’t select dark mode, whole screen is white.

Details to reproduce:
Android

Device:
Xperia X Compact
App Version:
Latest version
Screenshots: