Curve chat

It would be cool if in 3 - 4 years their smart rules automatically changed your default card to whatever had the highest cashback etc etc too

2 Likes

Had a £3000 limit that I haven’t touched… been dropped down to an amazing £5.

4 Likes

Did they notify you? I’d be closing it as probably looks quite bad on any credit report

1 Like

Knowing curve, I wonder if this is a mistake. Maybe query it before closing

It says they do this if you remove your linked account. Have you stopped the open banking by any chance. Your credit limit is variable based on your current financial circumstances.

If you’ve never flex anything then there’s no hard check been made.

Curve feeling the pinch.

4 Likes

The end of Curve?

5 Likes

Very much my first thought. If nothing more it’s the beginning of the end

5 Likes

I just came to post this,

2 cards make it meh, close to useless, I’ll only keep it because I’m thinking of getting a Garmin watch so I’d want Garmin pay, and I don’t use go back in time so 3 times a month will be enough.

4 Likes

I wonder ig they’ll remove my other cards automatically? takes away the appeal if I can only have 2 cards, I currently have 4

1 Like

Not used Curve for quite a few months now.

I suppose I was looking for a reason to close - job done now. Of course I don’t expect something for nothing but I’ve moved on.

Recently been using Klarna card for purchases and paying that from Chase for 1% cashback instead.

Im no expert but I dont really think this will help them.

Most of the people who would be willing to pay will already be paying and most of the others would probably just live without it rather than pay. Dont get me wrong, its a good idea, but it’s hardly life changing so i think people would be fine with just giving it up rather than paying.

1 Like

I use Curve primarily to use Barclaycard with Samsung Pay, so this won’t make much of a difference for me. I have so many cards that offer mid-market rates for foreign spend that I never have to use Curve when abroad (unless I want to use the Barclaycard, of course).

That said, I am still on the Legacy Black tier, so not sure if they will apply the new limitation to me (or decide to remove the legacy black tier completely!).

1 Like

Just no. I doubt many people will pay for this.

I have 5 cards on it at the moment but only really use three. That makes the whole thing much less appealing for me.

3 Likes

So the email states if you want to cancel you can do it in the app and there is no need to contact customer support.

Can’t for the life of me find an option to cancel in app and the help section states you must contact customer support to cancel!

Shot themselves in the foot as I think they’ll have generated a lot of support queries on the back of this when it should have been self service.

2 Likes

I can’t see how to either,

And ,

1 Like

I know right! I can only imagine the support queue in the morning. The support bot in the app has directed me to leave a message for customer support and a human will get back to me in 48hours :open_mouth:

3 Likes

No real impact on me - my main use of Curve is to facilitate Garmin Pay and to enable use of rewards credit card on foreign spending without fx fees. Don’t really need to be able to connect more than 2 cards.

Likewise, no impact on me. I use curve for every debit card purchase and Apple Pay purchase with my 2 linked underlying cards being Chase and Monzo.

Made me realise I don’t really need Curve anymore; it’s more out of habit that I use it. The anti-embarrassment mode and go back in time for 30 days is basically some level of insurance for me, but don’t recall every using/triggering them.

I also have Fitbit Pay (main reason I got curve) but after the novelty wore off, stopped using Fitbit Pay despite wearing my Fitbit at all times I’m out spending.

1 Like