Curve chat

Go back in time is an excellent feature tbh and comes in handy all the time

Curve also saves me carrying Monzo, credit & my legacy account

I rate it :+1:

Edit: I basically mirror the above

Comes into a world of its own abroad, instant notifications on credit card is :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Use credit card as a debit card (almost universal acceptance), instant notifications, all my card transactions in one place, don’t have to remember lots of PINs, don’t have to carry all my cards (lots of them now sit in a drawer permanently), continuous timeline of transactions, even if I start using another card, cashback (though not much) - lots of reasons!

Amex support will be the icing on the cake. CS could also do with some polish :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is anyone else having issues of transaction you’ve ‘gone back in time with’ not refunding your account you paid with?

Did four last week that went through fine?

Monzo to Barclaycard if that helps

I have noticed that it takes longer if the transaction is settled (so if I wait a few days before going back in time it can take a while for the refund to be made).

Not used mine in months! Don’t even carry it anymore now.

1 Like

Now I don’t get cashback I no longer use or carry my curve card

How many days has it taken? i use tandem and usual get a notification straight away, the two most recent ones which happened today have changed card but ones from a few days ago are still showing on both accounts :tired_face:

From memory, a couple of days. They were between Nationwide accounts (credit and debit) so ther were no notifications.

Some transactions can be refunded immediately whilst I’ve seen others take a few hours. No ongoing issues, though.

I seem not to be getting any refunds, just showing on both accounts,
Monzo to tandem and tandem to Monzo so usually get instant notification of refund but haven’t received them in 2/3 days still waiting

I think 2-3 days is the upper limit of acceptability. I’d contact Curve in app. I’ve found them very helpful in the past. Not necessarily the quickest, but they do the job OK.

Ive just emailed them and they got back to me instantly (Which was very good)
They’ve said ‘‘the payment on the original payment card will be refunded straight away’’ so if its refunding onto Monzo shouldn’t it go through straight away?

2 Likes

Refunds work slightly differently to payments. There is no instant refund authorisation mechanism in place, so Monzo will credit your account once they receive the money (there is no other way for them to know that you are being refunded, if I remember correctly).

3 Likes

As the transaction is still pending (I presume), Monzo has been known to let go of the funds if you send them an in app chat with proof of refund (a certified confirmation from Curve that it will be coming) and the money will reappear in your account as spendable. This is helpful to speed up refunds of deposits for example, with a car hire company; when you get a refund receipt from them, you can send it to Monzo if you need the money right then

1 Like

Assume this offer has now been withdrawn, just attempted but with no luck.

2 Likes

Big social media marketing campaign looks to be underway with curve

Further distraction from the endless Amex beta!

3 Likes

It looks like Curve is about as sensitive to criticism on their community as Starling. :scream:

Not only hiding a post, but the entire topic. The only person who might have been “offended” is whoever wrote the terms without a spellchecker…

IMG_20190118_092928

1 Like

It seems curve is particularly sensitive to anyone commenting on their new monthly fees, even perfectly respectful criticism