Curve chat

At weekends so you can use monzo’s conversion rather than the loaded curve rate?

Also, I have a euro denominated debit card so I set it to euros in curve.

1 Like

I thought that the rate with curve would be the same as Monzo’s. The interbank rate?

And there’s a difference between the Curve rate and the Monzo/ Starling rate?

Gotcha (knew about Revolut - not Curve). So would I be better just using my Monzo card and not Curve for purchases during the week?

(Clearly I will for weekends for the reason you give).

Great - thanks for that @frankysnr.

1 Like

Just to demonstrate that - if you look at rates for last Sunday USD/GBP:

Interbank -
1 USD = 0.764995 GBP
$1000 = £764.99

Mastercard -
1 USD = 0.768507 GBP
$1000 = £768.51

Difference - about £3.50 for every $1k.

If you add the 0.5% weekend fee on the interbank rate - you’re looking at about £3.80 in charges.

(Obviously will vary on day to day and currency, but…)

3 Likes

Plus the interbank rate is not always better than the MasterCard rate

1 Like

It is 90 per cent of the time though.

New users, if you use code PUL53 you can currently get the £50 card for free.

It’s a good time to join.

2 Likes

I tried using this code, but apparently it’s only for customers who participated in a marketing survey :pensive:

So you aren’t a new customer?

I created a new account, it accepted one of the £5 referral codes but not the one for the Curve Black card.

Yeah it’s only for new customers unfortunately. Like most bank switching offers I imagine they will check against address and details.

Awesome, thank you! That worked for the wallet thing and the black card

1 Like

You’re welcome. I didn’t know if it would work with the wallet option, I was waiting to see if my friend got the wallet or just the black card!

I reckon you may be able to blag your way with this if you’ve only had an account very recently… Worth having a chat with their CS maybe.?

I’m actually not keen on the black card, I don’t think it’s worth £50. The wallet however would be nice to have.

Can confirm the code worked for the black card and the wallet. Thought I’d jump on in this with that offer. Thanks @Anzo

1 Like

Do you have to select that you want the black card and then add the promo code?

I don’t think the above code works now as I’ve tried it on a alternative account and it’s doing nothing for me.