Curve chat

in Argos stores you can’t physically see and touch items! :wink:

3 Likes

Not strictly true as you can try on the rings they have in stock. For all Argos stores, they normally give you like online stores 14 days return anyway. They are one of the very few high street chains to offer such a policy.

But why would you be in an Argos store in the first place?

1 Like

:open_mouth: do not besmirch the laminated book of dreams

11 Likes

I wouldn’t, they now deliver :wink:

3 Likes

Not for everything and the little that they do deliver the vast majority has an additional fee for the privilege.

2 Likes

It is crazy to pay £3-4 for a delivery, but if it is going to cost me £7-8 in fuel to drive there and back just to get one item I may as well get it delivered.

1 Like

imageimageimage!

I received a new card today and I have to say their packaging is a little extreme…

7 Likes

Hmmmm my card packaging was just a pullout piece of card inside an envelope. My first card that they sent wrongly was just like the above. Do you have the Pro card by any chance?

That’s the “Black” version, isn’t it? Definitely a waste! I’m not an environmentalist by any means, but even I couldn’t help but think that this is really not OK in this day and age…

2 Likes

No, as both versions are now black.

I haven’t paid for anything, just got a replacement for the prepaid version for a debit - so no idea!

Oh, and I just noticed : the best thing is that the hole in the middle of the disc doesn’t even line up with the curve logo on the card… :confounded:

2 Likes

You probably got the premium card for free then. You might want to check the cashback rate at your next eligible purchase: I got the same packaging as you, and got free premium. My wife has the simpler packaging, and that does seem to imply its the standard. No guarantee though :slight_smile:

1 Like

You also show rather a lot of the card number!

2 Likes

Indeed, especially given that the first 6 digits are well known, you can easily stitch together the full number. We can also make a pretty good guess of the expiry date, since its a new card, so I’d definitely remove that photo ASAP!

Cashback rate is a standard 1% for all users whether pro or not. Difference (For now) is that Pro card users can choose 6 instead of 3 retailers to receive this cashback from.

Kinda hoping the pro card users do end up with other incentives in the future as I took a bit of a gamble and forked out for one. Got a nice Tumi Card holder but still for my upfront payment I would want to receive some form of better added bonus

1 Like

older card holders still have previous terms

2 Likes

Yes true! forgot to mention that

1 Like

Wow. I mean how much must this cost the company/environment? For something most people will instantly chuck away ?

Think in the attempt to get something eye catching and memorable they’ve gone several steps too far.