Connected Accounts Risk

Does Monzo use aggregated data from open banking APIs to assess credit risk?

Not as far as I know!

All I know is they donā€™t just use your credit scoreā€¦ they have their own internal criteria. It could be something they use who knows :thinking:

If I remember correctly, Monzo relaxed the criteria for overdrafts to help support people during the pandemic. Since lockdowns were lifted (and government rules changed) the criteria appears to be reset back.

I was only offered Ā£500 overdraft pre-covid, then it went up to Ā£2000 (which I didnā€™t take), and now Iā€™m back to Ā£500 max, yet my credit score and financial situation has not changed.

Yea, Monzo are strict not because they are dragons and donā€™t want to invest in their customers but more because monzo donā€™t just have the ā€œcant pay you backā€ risk but they are also finding their feet internally. They are new to lending and I saw a post on here a bit ago about how monzo have the tech and not the banking experience. Something or other. I dont think they are strict to be petty to us all. Example I have a loan with M but they wonā€™t overdraft me. It isnā€™t my score they just say in the app ā€œwe canā€™t offer itā€. I think its because they have already lent a product to me. Iā€™m not sure

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.