Collected thoughts on card design

I’m just readjusting my card portfolio but yes, an Apple Card would be a definite addition as soon as it arrives!

2 Likes

That makes you sound so fancy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It does :laughing: but in reality it’s just cancelling and opening cards because who doesn’t love a hard credit check :laughing:

6 Likes

I doubt it, and this is purely wishful thinking on my part, but maybe it’ll be today?

If it’s going to be this year, it’s a safe bet. Apple Card was launched at a spring event and has received some kind of update at each spring event since.

There’s enough evidence out there that shows they’ve been working on since at least 2020. I’d heard they were aiming for 2021 but the pandemic delayed things. I don’t have a window or expected time frame anymore, just that it’s still coming. Possible the Apple Card we get won’t be the same as the US either. There are rumblings of a pivot to a BNPL (think more Klarna than Monzo flex built exclusively into the checkout with Apple Pay feature) approach for their international fintech product to launch with.

Pivots aren’t out of the norm for Apple either. iTunes Radio was a US only service, before they pivoted to proper streaming and launched it everywhere when they did.

5 Likes

I’d be super grumpy if it was today, just as I took a hard search! But at the same time it would be exciting

Not sure how I’d feel about BNPL though… I tried Tymit and it just screwed with my head having to constantly keep those monthly payments in mind too. Much easier to pay once and be done with it, for me

7 Likes

Yes, this is why I only used Klarna once and haven’t used Flex since January. I’ve spent years just paying in one go on a credit card and splitting the payment just messes with my head.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t there be more noise from leaks if it was coming today/soon? With all the regulatory hoops they’ll have to jump through?

4 Likes

I hope so! What a day it would be if they announced it tonight. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Wait a minute!!! There is an Apple event tonight??? How had I not heard

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks

They announced it uncharacteristically late to be fair.

I can’t help but think Lloyds Banking Group could have done something cool with aligning the X logos across the two brands Halifax and Bank Of Scotland.

1 Like

Just have to say the Barclaycard looks amazing

6 Likes

They did for a while (somewhat messily) as HBOS, but I think only at the corporate level, them believing both individual brands had capital, particularly geographically.

6 Likes

I do like them. But I am a firm landscape lover so I actually think their Apple Pay design is better.

2 Likes

I guess I have a new contender for the title of most uninspiring card design:

5 Likes

It’s better than their debit cards, at least!

1 Like

That’s debatable. The train and beach hut are pretty crap, yes, but at least they are unique/inspire conversation about just how you can come up with such an odd design. But this is just bland… grey, with some grey blobs

Patiently waiting for my Barclaycard Avios card now!

2 Likes

I know, I actually quite like the standard beach hut (although I haven’t seen it in person yet).

The premier beach hut really isn’t great, and the train wasn’t terrible but quite uninspiring.

1 Like