Collected thoughts on card design

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s actually better than the credit card design on their website, and I don’t really hate it. I still think their out there Zero design was best, or they could just use some of the designs from abroad. But if this is the best they can do in the UK, then so be it

It is definitely better than their old design. They’ve really mastered the simple but effective design.

Does you MasterCard logo not contain the words “MasterCard” then? My new Santander card from April has "MasterCard under the circles so if yours doesn’t, they’ve already updated it slightly.

2 Likes

I like these designs a lot. I think the ‘upside down’ orientation is great.

6 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about them. They seem a bit too empty in my opinion and I don’t like how the logo is on the left side like that.

1 Like

Turn the flame into the Monzo M :monzopride:, tweak the colours a bit and it’ll be a hit (with me).

2 Likes

Following on from this, does anyone think Monzo needs a new debit card design? Personally, I think their current design is very good (and unlike the Santander ones above, doesn’t look empty. I think portrait cards look empty easier than landscape cards). Maybe they can offer another card colour for those that don’t want such a bright card.

There’s a long thread here on Monzo card redesigns - and there are a whole bunch of other threads if you search, too!

3 Likes

Thank you!

I do like the first two designs that I quickly glanced at (probably more than their current hot coral design).

1 Like

Definitely think Halifax’s debit card is the one most in need of an update.

It looks really outdated and the logo no longer matches the rest of their brand.

5 Likes

They’ve recently updated the Clarity Credit Card. Maybe the debit cards will follow.

1 Like

oh lord that’s terrible :grimacing:. the bottom left corner is a mess

1 Like

I also hate the grey bit on the right side. It just looks ugly.

2 Likes

Halifax, where contactless is a noteworthy feature!

I could make some harsh joke about the Stone Age and the Flintstones, but I won’t.

1 Like

And after Halifax, Barclays and Barclaycard

What do you think is wrong with those two?

I find them quite dated, particularly Barclaycard. I really don’t like the big Barclaycard logo, feels like it’s out of the pre-iOS 6 skeuomorphism era

What is it even meant to be? A weird dragon thing? Made of water? Crystal?

4 Likes

It’s meant to be a globe!

1 Like

I actually quite like that design and I’m not even bothered about the logo being repeated in the corner and with the big version (mostly because they do look different).

1 Like

This is what the grey one looks like, which I much prefer to the purple. I think it looks pretty good in Apple Pay. The globe in the logo at the top does look dated though.

2 Likes