Collected thoughts on card design

Same. The new HSBC style cards have definitely grown on me. Still not better than the lion, but still nice.

2 Likes

The second one I have and agree, it’s a really nice looking card. It’s not too bad as a fee free abroad card (it’s a weird mix of Fintech and not however).

2 Likes

Not seen it in this thread before but did anyone ever have this monstrosity?

“What images should we put on the card?”
“Yes.”

8 Likes

Let us know if you go for a HK account!

These are the options you get if you’re an existing customer and not sure any fit my situation…

1 Like

My newest card - it’s pretty pretty, supposedly made from metal, but it feels very plastic-y.

It’s numberless too!

extra extra

And this is the thing it was shipped in! (It’s a glasses cases) - which I found very unique, interesting, and not something you’re gonna throw away.

https://vimeo.com/848731529

3 Likes

Yes I remember getting a switch deal out of them years ago! Card was hideous!

Terence Conran designed that M&S debit card. It was very of its time. It may not suit modern tastes now, but 2012 was kinda like that, the UK was riding a proud wave with the Jubilee and the Olympics, and this reminds me of the mental opening ceremony for London 2012.

1 Like

I did :saluting_face:

Ah I still have it! The account is dead so probably didn’t need to scrub it out though

2 Likes

It’s very… I mean it’s very busy :sweat_smile:

The guy running the with the flag saying “Very Current” just reminds me of a Doge meme. Very current, such card, wow.

1 Like

Is this one for the collection or will it see use?

The old M&S debit card certainly gives me Virgin Money debit card vibes, back when they just offered their basic essential account. Very much a Google > everything Virgin > copy and paste aha

1 Like

Mary is missing so definitely not everything Virgin.

I’m currently playing a top-up shuffle with various travel money cards. Will post a pic once I have a decent size collection. Annoying that they all ask for a £50 minimum top up, and as I don’t want to be too out of pocket I’m waiting for one to arrive before recycling the money onto the next one.

Luckily the 2 teams went separate ways with the card designs. I have got both cards in my travel wallet (i.e. my old wallet that is stuffed with leftover HK dollars and HK bank cards, with UK cards put in for trips) and it would be a nightmare if they had used the same design.

In my last trip, I had those 2 cards, Monzo, Chase and Barclaycard Rewards all in there as I was going to Japan as well. The HSBC One card definitely stands out as the best one. Shame about the new HSBC UK card designs which are just bland in my opinion.

1 Like

Speaking of Virgin Money, this is the coolest cassette tape design of all simular designed cards…

6 Likes

As soon as I saw that awful M&S card it reminded me immediately of that absolutely awful Virgin Money one.

We’re gonna do something a bit different for Card of the Week this week.

Voting opens later today…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bar_chart::credit_card:

4 Likes

@fiyoma

Thanks for posting the cassette tape card - not seen that one before. Really like it.

2 Likes

Card of the Week - THE VOTE

The cards posted this week have been entered into a poll. Vote for your Top 3 favourites please and we’ll award the winner tomorrow:

• Bank of Scotland
  • ICBC Reindeer
  • 6gram
  • B/43
  • Bank of China Winter Olympics
  • HSBC HK portrait Lion
  • HSBC Global Money
  • M&S ‘Conran’
  • Alpian
  • Virgin Money original
  • Virgin Records ‘cassette’
0 voters

You have until 6pm tomorrow.

1 Like

@j06

Thank you for doing this. will be interesting to see the results.

2 Likes

You should be able to order one via Telephony - Lost & Stolen. I’m not sure how much I should elaborate, but I imagine it’ll work!
@andrew_fishy you’ve more guts than me, chime in here

1 Like